Yes. [version file(hhctrl.ocx): 5.2.3735.1]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had the same problem.

I unregistered and registered the ocx

regsvr32 /u hhctrl.ocx

count to 7, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

That did the trick, now I can use the helpfile like 'normal' people

(Actually the counting is not necessary)

Edited by djek

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem.

regsvr32 /u hhctrl.ocx

regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

(Actually the counting is not necessary)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks 4 the info...solved problem. :idiot:

• Developers

Had the same problem.

regsvr32 /u hhctrl.ocx

regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

(Actually the counting is not unnecessary)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for sharing your solution...

I have PMed JosBe about 10 minutes before your post with a similar solution and he confirmed it worked for him as well...

This was the site i found the info:

http://www.helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm... looks

Problem:

A few Windows 2000 users have recently reported that the links in their HTML Help files stopped working after they installed Windows 2000 Service Pack 4. Installing the latest critical update did not fix the problem.

Solution:

Apparently with SP4 IE overwrote the hhctrl.ocx CLSID with the wrong registry key. The fix is to unregister then register hhctrl.ocx (the unregister must be done first).

regsvr32 /u <drive>:/winnt/system32/hhctrl.ocx

regsvr32 <drive>:/winnt/system32/hhctrl.ocx

When this problem occurs on platforms other than Windows 2000 SP4, the solution is to install Critical Update 811630. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811630

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok we need more info to be able to check what is happening.

First... What is the error you get ? or are you getting nothing ?

If you get the error unable to open \examples\helpfile\functoinxys.au3 then:

- is the file in the Autoit3 examples directory ?

- did you start the helpfile from AutoIt3 directory?

EDIT: oh and also check what's associated with Au3 Open task by going in the file explorer/Tools/Folder options/FileTypes/AutoIt3 scripts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't get any error ,nothing happens.

The file association is correct,.

Updated:

- Misc docs typos

- Misc UDF fixes

- New GUI sample in the docs from CyberSlug (the one that shows all the controls)

- Better extended-ASCII support for the Send() function - previously some extended characters were missing.

(JP, can you please check the Send stuff and also my work around the diadic characters.  It should attempt a diadic keystroke and only fall back to ALT+0nnn when the keyboard doesn't support it - like with english keyboards.  Also could you check my changes to your key table are correct?  :idiot:  )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was not so speedy as I can be A lot of checking to be for sure .

The sendkey have a big improvement Thanks Jon.

NonReg for the previous beta is OK. I found fix for Italian keyboard. Still not sure for the code 182.

I should be done by the end of the day :D

• Administrators

Updated:

- Some more Send() tweaks

- Automatic local declaration in For loops

- Some GUI examples added to the install (some from the thread requesting some, and some various devs came up with to test)

• Administrators

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

I noticed that my benchmark script took twice as long to execute when I just included GUIConstants.au3 at the top. This is because GUIConstants.au3 effectively adds 300 global variables so whenever you try and use another global AutoIt was sequentially searching the list of vars which took ages (especially as any user variables would be at the end of the list!). We knew that the code wouldn't be efficient in cases like this but at the time the GUI didn't exist and such a large number of vars was uncommon.

So, I've updated that section of the code to use a better algorithm so that using a large number of vars isn't much of an issue any more. It's a fairly significant change so please check your big scripts. If any of you had some benchmarking type scripts then I'd be interested to know how this change affected them.

• Administrators

Updated:

- Fixed myriad memory leaks with images (GUICtrlSetImage. icons, bitmaps) in the GUI

- Fixed memory leak in SplashImageOn()

(Devs, pretty much everytime in the source that LoadImage or OleLoadPicture was used there was a memory leak :lmao: )

• Administrators

Updated:

Added some reg exp fixes from Nutster:

- Fixed bug with {2} repeating in StringRegExp.

- Added \0### ascii code spec in StringRegExp

- Fixed a bug in GUICtrlSetPos with an ICON control

- Added the GUICloseOnESC option

• Administrators

Updated (AGAIN!)

- For WinTitleMatchMode,4 you can now do "regexp=someregexp" for the title.

e.g.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
WinWaitActive("regexp=[.].*- Notepad")

All questions about how to use this to be forwarded to someone who understands them. I just work here :lmao:

• Administrators

How odd... I have tracking turned on for this topic, and the email it sent me was in German I believe...

Odd, that was a bug with the board that was fixed last version...must be another one somewhere.

• Administrators

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

- Added Saunders' updater to the install for testing (if anyone wants to usurp his updater crown you best be quick! :lmao: )

- Changed GUISwitch slightly so that it returns the handle of the _previously_ active window. I had nightmares about using GUISwitch in adlib or similar and causing some really odd bugs.

Odd, that was a bug with the board that was fixed last version...must be another one somewhere.

It's funny, cus when it emailed me the notification about this reply it was also in German, but my other notifications are still in English, hehe (it might be good to note, I've had some notifications in Spanish as well, but not for a while).

- Added Saunders' updater to the install for testing (if anyone wants to usurp his updater crown you best be quick! o:)  )

No! It's mine and nobody else can have it! I'll have to put a little AutoIt crown on my avatar and signature images now. :lmao:

In his 1968 work, Go To Statement Considered Harmful , Dijkstra said:

For a number of years I have been familiar with the observation that the quality of programmers is a decreasing function of the density of go to statements in the programs they produce. More recently I discovered why the use of the go to statement has such disastrous effects, and I became convinced that the go to statement should be abolished from all "higher level" programming languages (i.e. everything except, perhaps, plain machine code).

It strikes me that many examples in the help file are of the "GoTo" variety. For example, the FileReadLine example (in part):

; Read in lines of text until the EOF is reached

While 1

$line = FileReadLine($file)

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop

MsgBox(0, "Line read:", $line)

Wend

Could we change this to be:

; Read in lines of text until the EOF is reached

While @error <> -1

MsgBox(0, "Line read:", $line)

Wend

Same number of lines of code, but without the "goto jump" provided by ExitLoop. I'm not arguing for an eradication of ExitLoop, merely that the examples should be more in line with best practice.