v3.0.103 Unstable - Revolutions

Jon

• Administrators

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

- Some more error checking adding to IniReadSection

- More transparent picture control changes

Also, I've put the beta docs online so I can just do a quick rename at release.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/betadocs/

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify on this for any of you which may be concerned. I implemented the suggestion made by trids here. Any line in a section not conforming to the key=value syntax is ignored. With the following example:

[section1]
key=value
=no key but does have equals
No Value but has key=
No key or value delimiter
; Common though not standard comment
last key=last value

The array would contain the following data (Format: 1st dimension index = {2nd dimension index 0, 2nd dimension index 1}):

0 = {4,0}
1 = {key, value}
2 = {,no key but does have equals}
3 = {No Value but has key,}
4 = {last key, last value}

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

- More transparent picture control changes

Also, I've put the beta docs online so I can just do a quick rename at release.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/betadocs/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tsk tsk, you didn't update the update.dat. How's my AutoUpdateIt supposed to work if you forget to do that. :lmao:

Jon, might give a quick review of functions to see if any others should use @extended instead of @error. I know off the top of my head that Ping() should. Its a little late to be bringing that up, perhaps, but its better now than after another release cycle.

Jon, I second that specifically for RunWait and RunErrorsFatal combo. RunErrorsFatal should set @extended instead of @error in case a dos program from runwait returns 1 as well and causes a conflict in the script.

Who else would I be?

I saw this when you mentioned it earlier, but don't get where you are going with this. You check the return of a program from RunWait by doing

$var=RunWait("myprog.exe")
If $var = 1 Then ...

but to check if there was an error runnning it, then this is checked as

Opt("RunErrorsFatal",0)
$var=RunWait("myprog.exe")
If @error Then ...

I know @extended is sitting there doing nothing for RunWait, but I don't see how you need to use it, because as far as I can see all suitable return is already handled by the current way it functions.

Perhaps you could post an example of what you don't like, and a suggested resolution?

Edited by Chris_1013

Jon - Any chance that AutoUpdateIt can be included (and linked in the start menu shortcut) as a compiled exe. Still leave the source of it in the folder for people to look at, but having the script compiled will make it quicker to execute it is people don't have Run Script as the default action on an .au3 file.

• Administrators

Jon - Any chance that AutoUpdateIt can be included (and linked in the start menu shortcut) as a compiled exe. Still leave the source of it in the folder for people to look at, but having the script compiled will make it quicker to execute it is people don't have Run Script as the default action on an .au3 file.

I'll change the shortcut so that it is run through AutoIt3.exe so it shouldn't matter what default action you set.

• Administrators

Updated:

- StringRegExp stuff removed from helpfiles/syntax files (the function is still present but undocumented)

- Updater in the start menu is run via AutoIt3.exe

- Some UDF updates

Anyone think of any reasons why this version shouldn't be publically released today?

Edited by Jon

Updated:

- StringRegExp stuff removed from helpfiles/syntax files (the function is still present but undocumented)

- Some UDF updates

Anyone think of any reasons why this version shouldn't be publically released today?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, those RegExp functions are pretty confusing and buggy. Good you took 'em out of the help file.

Can´t think of any reason. Release it :lmao:

Edited by gosu

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Updated:

- Some UDF updates

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jon, only thing I can think of is this unless you've already done it or don't want to do it. One thing I thought of is maybe making a list of all the functions which might better use @extended, changing the docs to reflect that, and adding in the @extended stuff but not removing the @error stuff until next release. That would give everybody a full release cycle to fix their scripts and the new method would be documented for new people. I expect there are only 3 or 4 functions which would even need this besides just Ping(), so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Actually, looking over Ping() again and most of the other functions, this doesn't appear to need done at all.

Edited by Valik

I don't really want to delay the final release, but I still have a problem with one of my GUI-programs, which jpm "promised" me to fix in one of the next betas. Have a look at:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8247

Maybe he has already managed to fix it (I hope!). Of course if you think that this is not a major problem then you can release it and I wait until the first beta of the next version.

I don't really want to delay the final release, but I still have a problem with one of my GUI-programs, which jpm "promised" me to fix in one of the next betas. Have a look at:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8247

Maybe he has already managed to fix it (I hope!). Of course if you think that this is not a major problem then you can release it and I wait until the first beta of the next version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did what I promissed it is in the current beta :lmao:

I did what I promissed it is in the current beta :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh, sorry, I had only 3.1.0.13. The last beta solved it o:):lmao:

Unfortunately it solved only the test program I send to you, my own program behaves better but still acts strange (listview contents not updated correctly)

I have to test a little bit further ...

Edited: Sorry, I was pleased to early. Still have the same behavior, even with the test prog. We should continue writing about this in the thread shown above.

Edited by HighGuy

• Administrators

After uploading the megs of release files and checking everything out I clicked on the updater. Oh how I laughed when I saw the error message "StringRegExp - unknown function". Ho Ho Ho. That will teach me.

:">

If anyone notices any minor problems with the released version then let me know. :lmao:

At least give us some warning next time :lmao:

Somewhere in the docs for Run, we need to put in bold letters that you very rarely need to specify the "workingdir" paramter and that you should specify the full path in the "filename" parameter.

BAD: Run("someFileOnFloppy.exe", "A:")

GOOD :Run( "A:\someFileOnFloppy.exe")

If I quit procrastinating my AutoIt projects, I might have things ready for the next release (when COM and stdio are ready) o:)

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

At least give us some warning next time  :lmao:

Loads of warning. It's a month late as it is.

I'd like to have a much quicker release cycle, 5 months is too much. Hard to get there though.