Silent Logging to a .txt file

Hi All,

Before I explain further, please see my codes below as it should give you an understanding of what I'm trying to accomplish.

$Success = "All services have started successfully."
Run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
If (@HOUR > 12) Then
 $Hour = @HOUR - 12
 Send (@MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & "; " & $Hour & ":" & @MIN & " PM"  & ".  " & $Success)
Else
 Send (@MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & "; " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & " AM"  & ".  " & $Success)
EndIf
Sleep (1000)
WinClose("Untitled - Notepad")
WinWaitActive("Notepad", "Do you want to save")
Send("!y")
WinWaitActive("Save As", "Save &in:")
Send ("service_log")
Sleep (500)
Send ("!s")
Sleep (1000)
If WinActive ("Save As", "Do you want to replace") Then
 Send ("!y")
EndIf

Basically, I want all this to be silent instead of windows popping up on the screen doing what it is written in the codes. I want it to be able to keep/save the log file in a directory (anywhere, doesn't matter). The next time that it runs, it writes the log on the next line, save it, and so forth. This way I can refer back to the log file to check whether the installation runs completely or not.

A hint: if the log file exists, check for empty line to write the success comment, and save. Else, create a new log.txt file, writes to first available space, and then save.

I searched the knowledge base, couldn't find much that fits what I wanted it to do nor do I know much about silent logging. Please shed some lights if this is your expertise.

Much appreciated. :D

If there is no specific reason for using notepad, why not just use FileWrite or FileWriteLine? Good examples of how to use both is in the help file.

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]

It will probably be much easier with FileWrite() or FileWriteLine() than trying to script notepad in the backround.

LOL...pretty much the same thing written at the same time....

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]