Starting with AutoIt

never mind , just delete them

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't just delete them, it was part of what I had written. Part of my text disappeared when I tried to quick edit !!

Fortunately, I had copy paste it. Is this a known bug ??

Edited by Elishac

uhm ... i've suft this too, i just delete them and replace the missing part

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Hello,

I'm just starting with AutoIt, and I'd like to automize some tasks. I've just read the 3 tutorials.

I'd like to open a internet window, go to a site and copy/paste the last topic of a forum into a .txt.

I think I know how to open a internet window, using the function run : Run(C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe).

Now how to select the site where you put the url and write the url I want ?

Afterwards, how to make the mouse move and select a url that is on the site ?

Thanks for your help.

run(@comspec&" /c start iexplore http://www.autoitscript.com/")

-jaenster

Didn't you test it with FF ? a script can run without permission of anothers :)

yes, script can run as long as it's CORRECT, with a same purpose, i give 5 lines of code, but you can give 2, that's the point !

and i'm not FF user, i can't help testing it, but if it works with you, so enjoy

Anyway, can someone tell me if my functions are ok, at post 58 ?

When you post code to the forum, it is best to test it and then copy/paste it from your script with no other edits in the code. The UDF that you posted will not run as posted. The AutoIt version of the SciTE editor will tell you where your error is when you attempt to run it from there. Also, PixelCheckSum numbers do not transfer from one computer to the next very well (like I warned you in post 44)... so, even when I corrected your code, the UDF does not work on my computer. If it works for you, then great.

As far as the AutoIt code tags not working well with the forum software... labor has been spent attempting to correct that, but I don't know the reason why it could not be fixed. I would rather the AutoIt devs spend their time on AutoIt :-)

One work around to the AutoIt tags and the forum software issue: If you must edit a post with AutoIt code tags,

make your edits,

delete the code (leave the tags),

submit the modified post,

re-edit and

re-add the AutoIt code between the AutoIt code tags that you left as a marker

and then resubmit your modified post.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Damn, i think I've fixed the error, but the error message didn't help me at all. I just remembered what could be wrong.

The message said 'error: missing separator character after keyword'. Given the message, I first thought a space was missing at some place. Actually, I think what was missing are the parenthesis after the definition.

Is it possible to make a recursive function ? (a function that calls itself).

Yes, and many search functions are recursive (i.e. _RegSearch()). There is a limit to the total number of recursion levels (a few thousand).

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Is it possible to make a recursive function ? (a function that calls itself).

Yes - possible... but there is a limit. Compile and run this code:
$i = 0
test()

Func test()
    TrayTip("Recursion limit", $i, 10)
 If $i > 5095 Then Sleep(1000)
    $i += 1
 test()
EndFunc   ;==>test
Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

my maximum is 5098 :)

//Edit: Stable 3.2.10.0 And Beta 3.2.11.12

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes