Virus controlling Admin rights

I have a friend who has a virus on his computer. I went into safe mode and ran Microsoft defender and AVG Virus scan ( in safe mode avg can only use the cmd window) however the viruses were found, and I thought they were eliminated.

To my suprise, they were still there. It said that I could not remove the files because I was not Admin. So I go into safe mode again, log in as Admin ( you can only do this in safe mode AFAIK) and ran the protection.

Super suprised it was blocked again. So any ideas on...????? online virii scanner .... regread?, other ways to check or ????

Thanks

Valuater

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Many viruses are contained within the restore folder so avoid that as an option. Most AV's/spyware programs are only as good as their database and you may need a special fix. Posting a Hijackthis logfile for knowledgable folk to examine will cure your problem.

Edited by rayzer

What is the name of the virus?

@monoceres

Not sure exactly, however I noted spool.exe, cfmon.exe ( or close to that) there were a few others to like a trogan dll, I am not at his house now...thx

@sandin

taking a look right now...thx

...NOTE after a quick look, SpySheriff was in there too

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

heh, well it sounds familiar "blocking admin's rights", like taskmanager, msconfig, etc... and it's a special malicious progy remover, so... it's my recomendation to give it a try with SmitFraudFix :) :)

Giving someone advice using a special fix could do more harm than good, I'm only trying to advise. :)

What I mean is, if you post a hijackthis logfile, you will be in a better position to have your PC fixed properly as you may leave dangerous files behind.

I have a friend who has a virus on his computer. I went into safe mode and ran Microsoft defender and AVG Virus scan ( in safe mode avg can only use the cmd window) however the viruses were found, and I thought they were eliminated.

To my suprise, they were still there. It said that I could not remove the files because I was not Admin. So I go into safe mode again, log in as Admin ( you can only do this in safe mode AFAIK) and ran the protection.

Super suprised it was blocked again. So any ideas on...????? online virii scanner .... regread?, other ways to check or ????

Thanks

Valuater

8)

I would remove HD from your friend's pc and connect it to your pc (usb/pata/sata).

Nothing should be blocked, i think.

A great free scan engine you can find here from AVIRA.

Well... I would do following [Pullet proof concept]

1. Download Hijackthis 2.02 and post the result www.hijackthis.de, You will get the result instantly [shows bad processes, service etc]

2. Skip the crap Avg etc and download Kaspersky 7. www.kaspersky.com [Will eliminate all threats]

3. Update Windows!

4. Clean up startup and services.

5. Something you need to run a registry checker, especially if you run win 2k, 2 of 10 computer has corrupt update reg etc after a virus/trojan attack.

Good luck!