Simple Ftp Question.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the postings which is a lot of great information. This is my first post and I am learning the new world of AutoIt. So pardon my ignorance. I tried to read through the help file and through the forum to get an idea of how to do this.

What I need is to open an FTP server and download some files. I am in the process of trying to Automate it using AutoIt.

I have copied the contents of the FTP.au3 file from the first page

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12473 (which is provided by w0uter (thanks w0uter, for the this wonderful code)

created a new .au3 file and saved it in the D:\Joe\Utilities\AutoIt3\Include directory with the name FTP.au3.

(I am thinking this is the way to save user defined function you can get from this forum)

CODE
#Include <FTP.au3>

$dllhandle = DllOpen('C:\WINDOWS\system32\wininet.dll')

; There is a wininet.dll file in my windows\system32 directory so I am thinking I should use this code than the

; $dllhandle = DllOpen('wininet.dll') ; I am wondering if I just call this way how will it find the wininet.dll without knowing where it is located

$Open = _FTPOpen('MyFTP')

; I don't know what is "MyFTP" here is. There is nothing in my computer called MyFTP I am just calling it this way because that is what is in the

; example I saw here in this forum should I change it to something specific.?

If @error <> -1 then

msgbox(0, '', 'open failed')

exit

endIf

msgbox(0, '', 'success')

;DllClose($dllhandle)

I am always getting the message "open failed". I can go to MSDOS and type in FTP and it will connect to the FTP server and all. So I really don't know what I am doing wrong here. Will someone be kind enough to give some insights into this.? Please. I really appreciate your time and help on this.

Thanks a lot

I wonder if you had a look inside Ftp.au3 file ...

This is the structure of _FtpOpen function:

Func _FTPOpen($s_Agent, $l_AccessType = 1, $s_ProxyName = '', $s_ProxyBypass = '', $l_Flags = 0)

Local $ai_InternetOpen = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'long', 'InternetOpen', 'str', $s_Agent, 'long', $l_AccessType, 'str', $s_ProxyName, 'str', $s_ProxyBypass, 'long', $l_Flags)
    If @error OR $ai_InternetOpen[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_InternetOpen[0]

EndFunc ;==> _FTPOpen()oÝ÷ ØZè«{*.q©ìyëaj׫®â²Ç­¶péŶ©zwÚ[,¢'Ŷ©z|(®K

will fire that messagebox whenever @error is NOT -1 .... rings a bell?

I'll leave the pleasure of discovery how to make your code work ... to you :)

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)