Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mellon

Expected behaviour and, if so, how do it work around?

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

$NewChartclean="NO 2-2,no 1-1,no 2-3,no 1-2, no 5-6, no 8-1" 
            $LengthOfChartString=StringLen($NewChartClean)
            If $LengthOfChartString > 10 Then;testing only should be at least 50
                $WhereTobreak=StringInStr($NewChartclean,",",2,5); should return the position of the fifth comma
                $TeststringReplace=StringReplace($NewChartclean,$Wheretobreak,"<BR>")
                MsgBox(4096,"Test Of break",$TeststringReplace)
            Endif

The purpose of the sniplet is to find the fifth comma and replace it with the html line break. What I thought should be returned in $TeststringReplace was

"NO 2-2,no 1-1,no 2-3,no 1-2, no 5-6 <BR> no 8-1". What is actually returned is "NO 2-2,no 1-1,no 2-3,no 1-2, no 5-6 <BR> 8-1" . Is this expected? Did I screw something up?

edit:

err, Topic should be "Expected behaviour and, if so, how do I work around it? :)

Edited by Mellon

$WhereTobreak=StringInStr($NewChartclean,",",2,5); should return the position of the fifth comma
                $TeststringReplace=StringReplace($NewChartclean,$Wheretobreak,"<BR>")
            Endif

The purpose of the sniplet is to find the fifth comma and replace it with the html line break. What I thought should be returned in $TeststringReplace was

"NO 2-2,no 1-1,no 2-3,no 1-2, no 5-6 <BR> no 8-1". What is actually returned is "NO 2-2,no 1-1,no 2-3,no 1-2, no 5-6 <BR> 8-1" . Is this expected? Did I screw something up?

edit:

err, Topic should be "Expected behaviour and, if so, how do I work around it? :)

Think of StringReplace as an Insert. It's replacing the 5th comma and the 3 characters after it with <BR>. Try this instead:

$TeststringReplace=StringLeft($NewChartclean,$Wheretobreak - 1) & "<BR>" & StringRight($NewChartClean,$LengthOfChartString - $Wheretobreak)
Endif

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt