Access Internet Explorer and open a website for registration

Hi, i am new to AutoIt and i have a problem to find the informations i need. so i hope you can help me get my answers :-)

For my project i need AutoIt to open a website and then fill out a form with up to 6 fields for user registration and press the registration link.

is that possible? if it is, how? what functions i need? is there a tutorial or something for internet explorer and accessing sites?

thank you very much

greets from switzerland

samuel

Hi, i am new to AutoIt and i have a problem to find the informations i need. so i hope you can help me get my answers :-)

For my project i need AutoIt to open a website and then fill out a form with up to 6 fields for user registration and press the registration link.

is that possible? if it is, how? what functions i need? is there a tutorial or something for internet explorer and accessing sites?

thank you very much

greets from switzerland

samuel

Yes, this is possible. Read about the _IE functions in the AutoIT Help File.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

• Moderators

in that help?

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/

i cant find that

do you have a link to a sample like what i am searching or a working solution of something that works with internet explorer?

It's in your AutoIt directory on your hard drive (AutoIt3.chm).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It's in your AutoIt directory on your hard drive (AutoIt3.chm).

So you are then talking about the sample code IE6Example.htm

Thank you, but its not really a help for me. i cant find out how to fill out forms and i dont really see what the idea is, is it open the explorer and do this stuff visable but automated or is the better way to just to it somehow in the back?

i just need the script then running in the back and just this form filled out and register clickt.

so nobody has done this before?

Edited by BlackSaxo

Thank you, but its not really a help for me. i cant find out how to fill out forms and i dont really see know what the idea is, is it open the explorer and do this stuff visable but automated or is the better way to just to it somehow in the back?

i just need the script then running in the back and just this form filled out and register clickt.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.chm
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

• Moderators

Thank you, but its not really a help for me. i cant find out how to fill out forms and i dont really see know what the idea is, is it open the explorer and do this stuff visable but automated or is the better way to just to it somehow in the back?

Sure we have.

But you'll have to start coding something with _IE* functions first ... hit a road block, post your code, get some help.

Although autoit is easy, there's not just a set of functions to always do exactly what you want, you have to take steps to achieve them.

First examine very closely the _IEExample in the help file. Look at all the function it uses.

Then take a look at:

_IECreate()

_IEForm* functions

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Open the helpfile on your disk. Navigate to User Defined Functions, IE Management. The user defined functions are not in the online version you pointed to and the IE6Example.htm you found is not directly related to the _IE* functions.

Searching this forun for the relevant _IE functions will bring you more than you can imagine. Also see the Snippets library referenced in my sig.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 4 weeks later...

In the google example the form has a name. How can I fill out a form if the form doesn't have a name?

_IEFormGetCollection

_IEFormElementGetCollection

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.