NatureConstants.au3

jennico

Might this be a problem?:

number problem

to quote Jos:

"...a number can only have 15 digits."

- Table UDF - create simple data tables - Line Graph UDF GDI+ - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses GDI+ with double buffer) - Line Graph UDF - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses AI native graphic control) - Barcode Generator Code 128 B C - Create the 1/0 code for barcodes. - WebCam as BarCode Reader - use your webcam to read barcodes - Stereograms!!! - make your own stereograms in AutoIT - Ziggurat Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Box-Muller Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Elastic Radio Buttons - faux-gravity effects in AutoIT (from javascript)- Morse Code Generator - Generate morse code by tapping your spacebar!

well, not sure about this. maybe only displaying is reduced to 15 decimal places, while calculating can be done without this limit. i guess this would be limited by windows, not by autoit. but i don't know.

concerning the scientific expressions, there is almost no limit:

Number range (floating point): 1.7E308 to 1.7E+308 with 15-digit precision

if you need all places, you would have to use the string instead.

or make a feature request to the developers - maybe it's not so difficult to raise the limitation.

j.

Edit: next i will add some important chemical constants from the periodic system.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

Just a thought, but you might like to consider renaming it to ScientificConstants.au3 or even MathematicalConstants.au3 if you're going to include all sorts of mathematical, physical, chemical, electrical etc. constants. It might only be me, but NatureConstants.au3 sound like its weather related and it's not something I'd put into a search if I was trying to find a constant. That's just me though. muttley

I really like the idea. Good for educational software. Well done. I hardly know the meaning of half of them, though..

Hello world,

i was wondering why this hasn't been done before, so i did it.

among them: pi, e, c, g, h, mol, log10, avogadro, coulomb, boltzmann, faraday, fermi, fine structure, loschmidt, planck (several constants), newton, rydberg, von klitzing, catalan, golden mean, primes, tribonacci, ...

additions welcome ( now ~ 500 constants exactly 544 entries ).

j.

Edit: made a second version containig astronomical constants, now 544 constants

in raw text (commented) you can find biochemical constants (elementaries), unit conversions and some energy constants.

first version downloads: 50

@ PartyPooper

thanx you mentioned all possible names, so everyone searching will be led to this thread now. for the same reason i mentioned some of the most common constants in the first post.

muttley

well, my mother language is not english, but i think nature constant or natural constant should be the correct name for things like pi, e and the golden mean, isn't it ?

they are made by nature, always irrational and never change.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

Could just make a .zip called numberconstants or something, then have different AU3 files in the dir... natureconstants.au3, thesconstants.au3, sciconstants.au3 etc... muttley