Anti-Virus Crap.

I Use Eset Nod 32 and i have no problems but with AVG everything is a virus >.< they asume the world is a virus lol

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ¹ There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Use Eset Nod 32 and i have no problems but with AVG everything is a virus >.< they asume the world is a virus lol

That's odd, as of today I have had absolutely no warning with AVG, and that's after using it for two years about. I wonder why there's such a difference...
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

That's odd, as of today I have had absolutely no warning with AVG, and that's after using it for two years about. I wonder why there's such a difference...

You Got Me On That One muttley

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ¹ There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

So this is like the 19th billion topic on this major problem. Yes, we know it exists and I am sure that it will take a long time until AutoIt is cleared sufficentally from problems like this.

The most you can do is contact the company with the problem, the ouput and maybe the code (unless it has to remain hidden). Even if AutoIt is re-written just for this and I doubt it will be people will come back with more malware and give the bad name yet again, it's just not worth it.

• Administrators

All the main AV companies already have details from me on how to scan _just_ the script part of a compiled executable so there is not excuse really. Not much more I can do. I doubt they would be worried about some hobbisty trying to take on their lawyers.

I doubt they would be worried about some hobbisty trying to take on their lawyers.

So technically, they are doing something wrong. They are giving false positives even though you have told them how to get the "_script_" only code.

And I am sure they couldn't care less about us taking on their lawyers!

I just wish there was a way to actually compile AutoIt scripts instead of pack them with an interpreter, but I don't see that happening anytime soon (correct me if I'm wrong).

Regards,Josh

I don't use an antivirus with live protection. I am just really careful with my browsing, I run unknown EXE's in Sandboxie, and I occasionally scan with Clamwin and AdAware, but I did scan one of my compiled scripts at VirusTotal.

No UPX, I got 4 malware detections. I don't remember which ones, but I tried email them a copy of my EXE. Of cource, GMail wouldn't let me send the EXE, so I tried a Zip file with the EXE, Source, and required files. Gmail actually goes into your Zip file and stops you if there is an EXE. It's like Gmail doesn't want me to clear the air with the AV companies.

I like that Gmail has virus scanning, but it should be up to me to download or send them. Give me an alert, that's great, but don't stop me from sending any .exe files. I always compress them into a .7z though to bypass this

Regards,Josh

Actually, I think threats of reports to the BBB and consumer protection groups would be our best bet to get the situation fixed. I'll do a little research and see what actions are available for a community, and for developers.

At the very least, a nerd lawyer might enjoy taking this on because of the novelty and relevance to today's online society as a case for setting precedent.

Lol... there is nothing illegal. You can't have a class action lawsuit when there is no law broken.

Not addressing complaints by your software's users is a bad idea from a business standpoint, but by no means against the law.

Now if they claimed that their software never returns a false positive, then that would be false advertisement.

Regards,Josh

Hey guys i actually ran into this problem last night. It seems that the only time i run into this problem is if I'm trying to manipulate a DLL file. I'm sure there are other instances of when this happens but until I put that in my code it was working fine and AVG had no problems with it.

I just disabled my Resident scanner for the time being.

By associating legitimate scripts with malware through arbitrary blocking of all autoit scripts, they are defaming AutoIt programs. They are making the claim, by denying the execution, that the script will harm your computer. Given the appearance of the words "AutoIt Script" in a user alert, a majority of average users of this software will remember only that they saw AutoIt show up on their anti-virus software, so it must be bad.

Because they are smearing legitimate scripts, without bothering to differentiate between malware and good software, they are committing defamation, which is illegal. They are making a profit by blocking AutoIt scripts; They are making a profit by blocking legitimate software. Granted, there isn't that much of a problem as of yet, but defamation is very illegal, and it irks me to see AutoIt dragged through the mud.

All they need to do is use what Jon has told them whenever they encounter an AutoIt script, and assume it's fine unless proven otherwise. They have no right to associate or taint AutoIt scripts as malware across the board. Sure, it's more work, but given the potential of a lawsuit and heck, BBB reports, and they will clean up their act.

It is not our responsibility as AutoIt users, nor is it the responsibility of the Devs, to prove our software is safe. It is the responsibility of AV software providers not to make false claims. Calling AutoIt malware is a false claim.

It seems pretty clear to me that they haven't followed through, and that AutoIt scripts are being blocked universally, because it's easier that way. Because what they're doing is illegal (and lazy, and unethical) they will have to change their detection methods, or they can be charged with defamation, and probably sued for damages in other areas.

This has recently started with Avast! Antivirus as well.

I've used it forever without any problem, then a few weeks ago I couldn't compile without it screaming about virii.

I get around it by not using UPX compression... it at least doesn't complain now.

Brick