Anti-Virus Crap.

It isn't the compiler. UPX compression plays a part, but AutoIt is an interpreted language. When you press "compile" it doesn't actually compile your code, thus giving the same signature to all programs "compiled" with autoit

Regards,Josh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't the compiler...

Well I hope it isn't the whole world of sentient beings that is the problem - sometimes it seems that since no one will go after the criminals in government who invite this sort of thing, everyone else who is getting anything done becomes the target instead.

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

well... i don't know what about the rest of you guys but my projects are spread to over 15K users now, that's a BIG ISSUE with all the A-Vs claiming it's all viruses....

I've personaly sent e-mails to all the AVs i could find... most of them responded pretty quick and claimed that the false-positive will be removed however a hell lot of my users still complain about it....

As AU3 grows as a scripting language and it allows us to develope more in-depth scripts i thinks this issue should be amongst the top priorities... cause there is no use in such a vast scripting language if it always checks out as a virus....

If there is anything you can do DEV-TEAM please do it... PLEASE !!!!

EDIT >>

Also... the .exe file of AU3 can easily be decompiled into plain script... that's also something to consider....

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

The Better Business Bureau would be an appropriate place to start.

DO NOT send emails or letters to the BBB without contacting and informing a company that you are doing so. Send an email or letter to the company, and politely ask them to deal with a specific script/program or issue that you have encountered. Mention that you would regret having to go to the BBB or other agency to get this resolved, and that you're sure they will do what they can.

If they don't respond in a reasonable amount of time (2 business weeks?) forward your letter or email to the BBB and a description of the problem. Should this occur with any frequency, then Jon can inform his state's Attorney General of the issue, present him with the BBB records, and the state in question will proceed to address the complaints in a legal manner. Jon wouldn't have to pay for a lawyer or any legal advice, and the AV companies would then be liable financially for the harm caused to the AutoIt community and system.

At that point, they would also be open for a class action suit, but until all the reasonable avenues of fixing this matter have been explored, they are simply unaware of the scope of the problem.

There's probably a ton of computer geeks and IT guys who would understand our plight, and be more than willing to help if we can convince them of the need.

If they don't, well, that's bad business, and that's where we would need legal action.

I'm getting same result with Avast. Compiling with the most recent Autoit release seems to fix the problem. The issue for me is the updater of my software has been compiled with a former version. So I'm going to distribute "manually" a new updater so that they can update the program "automatically". It makes no sense, but have no choice... Thanks to the so called PC health business.

And while I'm at it, let me tell you autoit is just fantastic. My prog features FTP, HTTP, Peer to peer file transfer, Client/Server connection, Reg key edition, multiple file access, File check sum, several languages and so on. It's delivered with a clean UI.

Autoit code is easy to write and maybe the most important, easy to read even after a year of standby.

Congrats to the staff muttley

Edited by Nanard