AutoIt under Windows 95

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

I tried at work but it didn't ... that's why I decide to try on a VMWARE...

Don't know if you saw my edit but: I am testing on Win95b . What version of Win95 are you using ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I "believe" its A when it doesn't say : 4.00.950 B

I am not sure if its compatible with the A version, maybe other members/devs have tested it...

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I tried the V2 to V3 converter because I writed an awful v2 script but when I want to execute the V3 result conversion file there is an error about "SCITE.EXE is linked to a missing exportation

kernel32.dll:IsDebuggerPresent " ???????????

Maybe the WIN95 version is the big problem...

Edited by rod95

-----------------Rod95AutoIt myself

I just installed Win95 on my vmware, and tried the for loop test that Jos posted, and also tried making my own, neither of them work(when ran, nothing happens).

Then I tried to run a non-compiled script, which threw out an error about some missing dll, I then installed this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details...;displaylang=en

Which seems to have fixed the error starting AutoIt, and it also seems like it fixed the problem running Scripts as well(now both Jos test script, and my own works, both compiled and not-compiled)

The second problem now, is that Scite doesn't start. It shows a similar error as that AutoIt did, but this one seems to be a more tricky problem:

Posted Image

As far as I know, I can't update that system file. :S

• Developers

I just installed Win95 on my vmware, and tried the for loop test that Jos posted, and also tried making my own, neither of them work(when ran, nothing happens).

Then I tried to run a non-compiled script, which threw out an error about some missing dll, I then installed this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details...;displaylang=en

Which seems to have fixed the error starting AutoIt, and it also seems like it fixed the problem running Scripts as well(now both Jos test script, and my own works, both compiled and not-compiled)

The second problem now, is that Scite doesn't start. It shows a similar error as that AutoIt did, but this one seems to be a more tricky problem:

Posted Image

As far as I know, I can't update that system file. :S

If that fixes to run AutoIt3 script3 thats fine, but I wouldn't go through hoops to get SciTE4AutoIt3 development environment working on the early Win95 release. (I am not going myself muttley ) . Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.