Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveO

Creating a Crosshair or Dot in the middle of the screen?

27 posts in this topic

Hello, I was just wondering if it's possible to create two intersecting lines (crosshair) or maybe just a big red dot in the middle of your screen...

Yes

Giggity

:P just joshin, I've never used it but I know there are draw commands, or you could make a png, or probably a bagillion other methods, all depends on what your trying to do.

Giggity

Well I'm trying to set-up some crosshairs on COD4 for my buddy.

you could create a transparent window with a gdiplus graphic in it :P

cheers

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

You could also simply create a gif file with a crosshair and then load it in a transparent GUI:

Example:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$x = @DesktopWidth/2 - 68/2
$y = @DesktopHeight/2 - 68/2

GUICreate("", 68, 68, $x, $y, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))
GUICtrlCreatePic("crosshair.gif",0,0,68,68)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(25)
WEnd

Regards

EDIT: added a gif file.

post-24573-1217277480_thumb.gif

Edited by newbiescripter

Thanks guys. =)

Call of Duty 4 has a crosshair unless you are playing Hardcore mode. You would have to suck pretty hard at this game to need this.

Hardcore mode = less bullets to kill someone.

Call of Duty 4 has a crosshair unless you are playing Hardcore mode. You would have to suck pretty hard at this game to need this.

Hardcore mode = less bullets to kill someone.

Lol, tell that to Dethredic, I don't even play COD4. Lmao.

Lol, tell that to Dethredic, I don't even play COD4. Lmao.

Dethredic, "You would have to suck pretty hard at this game to need this."

But seriously, this game is easy. The only difficult part of Hardcore is not knowing how much ammo you have or where your teammates are. Killing people is easier than normal mode AND there is little grenade spam.

Clearly SteveO just sucks and needs help....

Stop blaming things on me haha.

but that aside, I could see the cross hairs helping in those quick reflex times.

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

The only time you would need a crosshair is when you are shooting from the hip, and the only time you should be shooting like that is when you are sprinting. Damage is reduced a lot when you aren't zoomed in.

The only time you would need a crosshair is when you are shooting from the hip, and the only time you should be shooting like that is when you are sprinting. Damage is reduced a lot when you aren't zoomed in.

And in hardcore mode, you can still easily kill them, thus making the need to zoom in/scope not necessary more of the time. :P

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Do what the rest of the lamers do, get out a felt-tip pen and put a dot in the middle of the screen. It has the benefits of doing what you ask and at the same time, you can't get banned for it.

Yeah, but if you do that, you actually feel yourself becoming lamer. If you run the program, you can mask the (equally) lame feeling it creates by exclaiming, "OH GOSH! I SO SMART! I PROGRAM DOTZ!"

I've never played Call of Duty 4, but if you can't beat it without help from a program or pen, and you beat it with one, then you never truly beat it at all. Now you're just tacking cheater onto your underachiever record. :P

You could also simply create a gif file with a crosshair and then load it in a transparent GUI:

Example:

$x = @DesktopWidth/2 - 68/2
$y = @DesktopHeight/2 - 68/2

GUICreate("", 68, 68, $x, $y, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))
GUICtrlCreatePic("crosshair.gif",0,0,68,68)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(25)
WEnd

Regards

EDIT: added a gif file.

Err, i tried that in Soldier Front (SF) but it did not appear in game , why's that so ?

Because like most FPS games, they have the "on top" attribute set as well and will display over the top of your gif. I believe the only truly effective method is to inject your "application" into memory. Don't ask me how, I've never done it, but there are several team chat programs that do it (they display stuff as an overlay on your game screen). Maybe finding out how they do it would help you in your dot quest :P

Because like most FPS games, they have the "on top" attribute set as well and will display over the top of your gif. I believe the only truly effective method is to inject your "application" into memory. Don't ask me how, I've never done it, but there are several team chat programs that do it (they display stuff as an overlay on your game screen). Maybe finding out how they do it would help you in your dot quest :P

How do i do that ..

P.S. : If you dont know , im not trying to ask you , trying to ask some others..

Memory writing would seem to be the common answer.

time ago a made my own,

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#Include <GDIPlus.au3>

mycross(500,400,20)

func mycross($start_x,$start_y,$mylenght)
    _GDIPlus_Startup ()
    $hDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC(0)

$hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHDC($hDC)
    $Color = 0xFF000000
    $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate($Color,2)

For $y = 0 to 3000

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphic, $start_x - $mylenght, $start_y, $start_x - 5, $start_y, $hPen);orizzontale dx
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphic, $start_x  + $mylenght , $start_y, $start_x + 5, $start_y, $hPen);orizzontale sx
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphic, $start_x, $start_y - $mylenght, $start_x, $start_y - 5, $hPen);verticale up
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphic, $start_x, $start_y + $mylenght, $start_x, $start_y + 5, $hPen);verticale down
            $Color += Hex(2)
            _GDIPlus_PenSetColor($hPen, $Color)
    Next

_WinAPI_RedrawWindow(_WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow(), 0, 0, $RDW_INVALIDATE+$RDW_ALLCHILDREN)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()

EndFunc

bye,

m.