Totally New Here!

Hello!

I am a newbie and want to know some things about this program, Autoit.

What's actually it's use? I know it explains it but I want to know like how could this program be helpful? Examples?

I was wondering, there are programs called bots in many games, that make things for you without having to do

something actually, does this program could make them? Just wanna know maybe experiment but no really something big :P.

What would you recommend me for starting learning this system? A tutorial for newbies? Where?

Thank you!

AutoIt's uses are virtually only limited by your imagination. A better question to ask would be what can't it do!

Yes, AutoIt can be, and has been used for botting/hacking/cheating in games. Most of the experienced people here wont support making hacks for games, but it's not really against any rule or anything. You can find many examples of game bots scattered all throughout these forums. A good place to start looking would be the Forum Search.

As for tutorials -- AutoIt comes with an amazing Helpfile that contains everything you need to know to get started. If you have already installed AutoIt (if not, get it here) to the default directory, the helpfile is located at:

C:\Program Files\Autoit3\AutoIt3.chm

However, some of the users here on the forum have created tutorials to make learning easier, one of the best is Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater. A forum search should find a few more.

Good luck, and Happy Scripting! :P

Edited by Paulie