Difficulties with antivir8 setup

Sorry I don't have the actual code to paste right now but I'm using commands winwait, winwaitactive in my scripts to catch the setup windows. I did couple else setups earlier and they went OK with autoit but this antivir 8 has caused troubles.

I'm sure that window texts are right (taken with au3info-tool) but somehow script don't "see" some windows, when they come up during setup.

Question is: are some setups (or windows) more difficult to handle with these scripts than others?

Regards, mmainio

I take it is an installer, are you aware that some installers allow you to use command like switches (like /s for silent).

Post what the installer is, and it may become much easier :P

Cheers

Brett

I don't know which type installer this is but the file is:

antivir_workstation_winu_en_h.exe

http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/avira..._antivirus.html

Actually I managed to install antivir silently by using control file (setup.inf) to set parameters for setup. However, I'd like to know what went wrong when I tried to use autoit script for install.

Below is couple examples - first one from antivir script and second one from test script with notepad. There are couple message boxes and WIN-variable just for testing.

CODE
; I accept that Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus is for private use

WinWait("Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus", "for private use")

MsgBox(0, "", "Window exists")

$WIN = WinExists("Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus", "for private use")

MsgBox(0, "Value of $WIN is:", $WIN)

Send("{SPACE}"); rasti ruutuun

Send("{ENTER}");

CODE
Run("notepad.exe c:\temp\koe.au3")

WinWait("koe.au3 - Muistio")

MsgBox(0, "", "Window exists")

$WIN = WinExists("koe.au3 - Muistio")

MsgBox(0, "Value of $WIN is:", $WIN)

First one (part of my antivir script) works ok - sends space and enter and then setup goes forward - but what beats me is why it goes forward because during setup first messagebox says window exists but second one gives the value for WIN=0??? This part setup goes through anyway, just wondering that variable thing. I guess it should be 1, because script is going forward?

And with second script I tested this with one notepad window and this time value for WIN=1.

Sorry for clumsy explanation but is it possible that for example virus, firewalls progs are more difficult to handle than "normal" programs?