Autoit in C++

xZZTx

This thread is funny.

Does someone mind answering a uh... better question.

Since you must use AutoItx3.dll as a recource, this means you must have this in the same directory as your compiled AutoIt C++ program? If so, is there anyway to use dll's as an internal recource?

I think that may be a bit hard. Sure, having it embedded in the EXE as a resource is easy, but when it comes time to call a function, you'd have to do that manually. If I'm not mistaken (and of course, I probably am), the Windows API doesn't have any functions for getting the address of a function that has all ready been loaded into memory. So, you'll either have to find the address of the function in memory, typecast it to a typedef of a function pointer (to the function you are trying to call) and then call it, or you can setup the stack, and call it through ASM.

typedef int(*LPADD)(int,int); // typedef for an add function...

int main()
{
       void* address = ...; //get the address of the function...
       LPADD add = (LPADD)address;
       int sum = add(100,200);
}

Or the ASM way, (something like this anyways):

int main()
{
       void* address = ...; //get address of the function...

__asm
       {
               push 100
               push 200
               call dword ptr [address]
               pop
               pop
       }
}

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I think that may be a bit hard. Sure, having it embedded in the EXE as a resource is easy, but when it comes time to call a function, you'd have to do that manually. If I'm not mistaken (and of course, I probably am), the Windows API doesn't have any functions for getting the address of a function that has all ready been loaded into memory.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77463

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Wow... uh, wow. ;) You shouldn't blatantly disrespect Valik like you did, but rather take the time to LISTEN & COMPREHEND his 'useless comments which aren't helping me solve the ONE error I have'. That one error (as has been stated numerous times thus far) is an error that only someone who has never even glanced at a most basic C++ guide before would make. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you have done.. and bring a C++ book with you; you might actually learn something.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

There are plenty of resources out there for learning C++ these days, he just needs the motivation. I started off thinking similar thoughts; I'll just jump right into C++ like I did with AutoIt and figure it all out on my own. That's not possible. Not without some sort of reference or resource. Although AutoIt may have been written in C++, it is an entirely different language. Therefore, one must understand the differences before you can attempt to take advantage of the similarities.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Lame for looking up tuts and buying books? Isnt that what you guys have been trying to tell the op to do??? ;)

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

I learned C++ by jumping into it.

Well surely anyone with the capability of simply jumping in and learning C++ without reference would have been able to figure this out:

cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const char *'

.. in a matter of seconds.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Well surely anyone with the capability of simply jumping in and learning C++ without reference would have been able to figure this out:

cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const char *'

.. in a matter of seconds.

I didn't read all the other posts, so I am sorry for jumping in the middle of a discussion possibly.

I could figure it out if I knew another language that uses data types quite quickly. I would know I would have to convert int to a const char * or replace the function by something that accepts an const char * instead of an integer.

I would then Google a solution. I would then try something with ostringstream and c_str().

So, all in all, it wouldn't be seconds, but it will not take hours either.