SetParent problem

MerkurAlex

Code:

#include <GUIConstantsEX.au3>
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

$parent = GUICreate("SciTE test")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetParent", "hwnd", WinGetHandle("Notepad"), "hwnd", WinGetHandle($parent))

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $gui_event_close
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

when the Notepad window gets place inside the gui its very partially viewed and you have to play with the notepad gui to get it to refresh that part but you cannot get it to view properly try it and you will see what i mean.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Well i figured out it has something to do with the refresh rate im currently playing with an adlibenable and

_WinAPI_UpdateWindow

_WinAPI_RedrawWindow

But now its just flickering like mad.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Code:

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetParent", "hwnd", WinGetHandle("Notepad"), "hwnd", WinGetHandle($parent))

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $gui_event_close
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

when the Notepad window gets place inside the gui its very partially viewed and you have to play with the notepad gui to get it to refresh that part but you cannot get it to view properly try it and you will see what i mean.

Try this

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$hw1 = WinGetHandle("Notepad")
$wp = WinGetClientSize($parent)
winmove("Notepad","",0,0,$wp[0],$wp[1])
$origParent = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetParent", "hwnd", WinGetHandle("Notepad"), "hwnd", WinGetHandle($parent))

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $gui_event_close
            DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetParent", "hwnd", $hw1, "hwnd", $origParent[0])
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Btw, when it comes to an annoying flicker it's difficult to beat your avitar. When I read our posts I move my browser window so that the left side is out of view because I find it to be realy annoying. Nothing personal, but couldn't you at least slow it down so you could see each photo without worrying that you might have a epileptic attack? If that's what cookies and AutoIt do then I'm cutting out the cookies :) .

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Is that all the presidents? I tried to recognize as many as I could, but couldn't seem to catch more than Washington, Lincoln, Grant, Clinton, and Kennedy.

Interesting idea... I wonder if you could associate text with each image for subconscious learning.

Images + multiple choice quizzes, randomized double blinds for authentic scientific method.

*chases his white rabbit elsewhere*

@martin

Thanks for the code it didn't help but i have stopped pursuing this.

and i will slow it down soon

@jrowe

Yes it is all the presidents and yes that is a good idea you have.