Label with border display no text

jfcby

Hi,

My label is not showing text or background color is not changing. I've looked the Help File under "GUICtrlCreateLabel", Controls Styles Appendix, and research the Forum but did not find a solution to my problem.

How does the code need to be modified to display the text in the label and change the background color?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

LabelEx()

Func LabelEx()
Local $msg

GUICreate("My GUI state"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUICtrlCreateLabel("aaaa", 125, 100, 186, 95, $SS_BLACKFRAME)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFC0000)

GUISetState()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd
EndFunc

Thank you for your help,

jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

• Moderators

Remove $SS_BLACKFRAME

Edit:

If you have to have the frame:

LabelEx()

Func LabelEx()
    GUICreate(\"My GUI state\"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
    _GUICtrlCreateLabel_BlackFrame(\"aaaa\", 125, 100, 186, 95)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000)

GUISetState()
    While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _GUICtrlCreateLabel_BlackFrame($s_text, $i_left, $i_top, $i_width = -1, $i_height = -1, $i_style = -1, $i_exstyle = -1)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel(\"\", $i_left - 1, $i_top - 1, $i_width + 2, $i_height + 2, 0x07)
    Return GUICtrlCreateLabel($s_text, $i_left, $i_top, $i_width, $i_height, $i_style, $i_exstyle)
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

How do you put a color border around the label but no background color? I thought you used "$SS_BLACKFRAME".

Thank you for your help,

jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

• Moderators

How do you put a color border around the label but no background color? I thought you used "$SS_BLACKFRAME".

Thank you for your help,

jfcby

Same concept:

LabelEx()

Func LabelEx()
    GUICreate("My GUI state"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
    _GUICtrlCreateLabel_ColorBorder(0xFF0000, "aaaa", 125, 100, 186, 95)

GUISetState()
    While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _GUICtrlCreateLabel_ColorBorder($i_color, $s_text, $i_left, $i_top, $i_width = -1, $i_height = -1, $i_style = -1, $i_exstyle = -1)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $i_left - 1, $i_top - 1, $i_width + 2, $i_height + 2)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
    Return GUICtrlCreateLabel($s_text, $i_left, $i_top, $i_width, $i_height, $i_style, $i_exstyle)
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.