expense tracker I made... need help though:(

Hello. My GF started a new job recently, and to make things easier on her since travel is required I decided I'd make a little expense tracker for her with my limited experience in AutoIt(read total n00b) and even less knowledge of any other language (read couldn't find water in the ocean) I need the help below, but what does everyone think of it? opinions and help are both welcome.

This is what I have so far. The intent is to take the comma delimited text file this program creates from simple user inputs and import it into Excel, then format it into monthly reports with pivot tables. Everything works well so far, at least from the testing I've done. using option V to view entries is crap as far as user interface is concerned, anyone have any suggestions? how do I get an array to display with numbers beside it in an inputbox? I'm calling (for those of you who don't want to scroll through lines of code to find out my issue) splashtexton to display a message to the user, then calling _arraydisplay, then an inputbox while changing splashtext in order to delete an entry from the array. I have absolutely no idea how to mess with the gui portion of AutoIt, which is what I assume is one potential solution, and really didn't want to yet. I don't have the time or the energy(I learned most of what I know using AutoIt to help me at work) to get into it either:(

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expense Tracker 
    Author:         Me

Script Function:
    Daily Expense Tracker for quick user entry of expenses ready to format
     into monthly reports using Excel's Pivot Tables.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; include
#include<array.au3>
#include<file.au3>
#include<date.au3>

;variables
Global $selection = ""
Global $mileagelineentry = ""
Global $lineentry = ""
Global $ETLOGFILEARRAY[1] = [""];array
;lookup array
Global $codelookup = StringSplit("Gas,Regular Maintenance,Lunch, Dinner, Entertainment,Miscellaneous,Tools,Office Supplies,Miles", ",")
;date month year
$tDate = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()
$date = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateStr($tDate)
$monthcount = StringInStr($date, "/")
$month = StringLeft($date, $monthcount - 1)
$yearcount = StringInStr($date, "/", "", -1)
$year = StringRight($date, $yearcount - 2)

Global $counter = 1; for write to array

;main
While 1
    _Welcome()
WEnd
;end main

;functions

Func _Miles()
    $selection = ""
    $date = InputBox("Date", "Enter the date in the format MM/DD/YY" & @CR & "For example, September Sixteenth 2008 should be 9/16/08 or 09/16/08.")
    $Miles = InputBox("Mileage", "How many miles did you drive for business today?" & @CRLF & "If you see this box again, it's because you didn't enter a number.")
    If @error Then
        _Welcome()
    EndIf
    If ($Miles * .585) <> 0 Then
        $mileagelineentry = $date & "," & $Miles & ",9," & Round(($Miles * .585), 2) & ",Mileage Allowance"
        Return $mileagelineentry
    Else
        _Miles()
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Miles

Func _viewentries()
    $selection = ""
    SplashTextOn("Today's Entries", "Decide what entry you want to remove, remember the number beside that entry, then close the window.", 500, 40, 500, 100, 5)
    _ArrayDisplay($ETLOGFILEARRAY, "Today's Entries")
    SplashTextOn("Today's Entries", "Now type the number in the box below for the entry you want to remove.", 500, 40, 500, 100, 5)
    $removeline = InputBox("", "Type line number to delete entry, type all and click OK to remove all entries, or click cancel to go back to the main menu.")
    If @error Then
        SplashOff()
        $removeline=""
        _Welcome()
    ElseIf $removeline = "all" Then
        $ETLOGFILEARRAY = ""
        $removeline=""
    Elseif $removeline="" Then
    _welcome()

Elseif $removeline > ubound($ETLOGFILEARRAY) Or $removeline < 1 Then
    msgbox(64,"Error","That entry is not on the list.")
    $removeline=""
    _viewentries()
    Else
        _ArrayDelete($ETLOGFILEARRAY, $removeline)
        $removeline = ""
        _viewentries()
    EndIf
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_viewentries
Func _exitET()
    if $ETLOGFILEARRAY[0]<>"" Then
    $logfile = FileOpen("c:\program files\Expense Tracker\" & $month & $year & "ETlog.txt", 9)
    _FileWriteFromArray($logfile, $ETLOGFILEARRAY)
    FileClose($logfile)
else 
    MsgBox(64,"No Data","There was no data to save.",1.5)
EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_exitET
Func _menuitem($codenumber, $codename)
    $selection = ""
    $date = InputBox("Date", "Enter the date in the format MM/DD/YY" & @CR & "For example, September Sixteenth 2008 should be 9/16/08 or 09/16/08.")
    If @error Then
        _Welcome()
    Else
        $menuboxamount = InputBox($codename, "How much did you spend on " & $codename & " today?" & @CRLF & "If you see this box again, it's because you didn't enter a number." & @CR & "**Please keep separete records for your tax filings.")
        If @error Then
            _Welcome()
        Else
            If ($menuboxamount * 1 <> 0) Then
                $lineentry = $date & ",0," & $codenumber & "," & $menuboxamount & "," & $codename
                Return $lineentry
            Else
                _menuitem($codenumber, $codename)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_menuitem
Func _Welcome()
    while not @error
    $selection = ""
    $selection = InputBox("Welcome to your Expense Tracker", "Hello Erin! Please make a selection." & @CR & "1 - Gas" & @CR & "2 - Regular Maintenance" & @CR & "3 - Lunch" & @CR & "4 - Dinner" & @CR & "5 - Entertainment" & @CR & "6 - Miscellaneous" & @CR & "7 - Tools" & @CR & "8 - Office Supplies" & @CR & "9 - Miles" & @CR & "V - View or remove today's entries" & @CR & "X - To Save and Exit" & @CR & @CR & @CR & "Click cancel or press escape to close without saving", "", "", 300, 300)
    if @error then 
        $exitkey=MsgBox(52, "DATA NOT SAVED", "Are you sure you would like to exit without saving?")
        If $exitkey = 7 Then
            $exitkey=""
            _Welcome()
        Else
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If $selection = 9 Then
        _Miles()
        If $mileagelineentry <> "" Then
            _ArrayInsert($ETLOGFILEARRAY, $counter, $mileagelineentry)
            $counter = $counter + 1
        Else
        EndIf
    ElseIf $selection = "V" Then
        if $ETLOGFILEARRAY[0]<>"" then 
        _viewentries()  
    Else
        MsgBox(64,"Error","There are no entries to view, please make another selection.",1.5)
        _welcome()
        EndIf
    Elseif $selection = "X" Then
        _exitET()
        Exit
    ElseIf ($selection>0) and ($selection<10) Then
    _menuitem($selection, $codelookup[$selection])
        If $lineentry <> "" Then
            _ArrayInsert($ETLOGFILEARRAY, $counter, $lineentry)
            $counter = $counter + 1
        Else
        EndIf
    Else
        MsgBox(64,"Error","That selection is invalid, please make another.",1)
    EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Welcome