need help with crashing of script

• Moderators

sometimes its a hard crash with no error and other times is says subscript used with non array variable on line 57. and i did F5 to try to get some output from Scite and i get nine errors and 3 warnings.

not very lucky...

sometimes its a hard crash with no error and other times is says subscript used with non array variable on line 57. and i did F5 to try to get some output from Scite and i get nine errors and 3 warnings.

not very lucky...

To run Beta you have to press Alt+F5 not F5 in SciTe :)

You also have to compile in Beta mode Alt+F7 if you are going to run an executable.

Next time you have an error, post the output pane in SciTe's console.

Edit...

Oops, It was had something wrong :)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Here's what I got when it crashed:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "F:\script\10-11-08\programming references\deletion of edits.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams   
+>17:44:43 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.2
>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
+>17:44:44 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.11.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "F:\script\10-11-08\programming references\deletion of edits.au3" 
F:\script\10-11-08\programming references\deletion of edits.au3 (57) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
WinMove($hInput_GUI[$sel], "", $aInputGUI_Pos[0] - $aMouse_Pos[0] + $aCurrent_Mouse_Pos[0], $aInputGUI_Pos[1] - $aMouse_Pos[1] + $aCurrent_Mouse_Pos[1])
WinMove($hInput_GUI[$sel], "", $aInputGUI_Pos^ ERROR
->17:44:51 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
+>17:44:52 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 1   Time: 8.926
Edited by AustrianOak

• Moderators

Here's what I got when it crashed:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "F:\script\10-11-08\programming references\deletion of edits.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams   
+>17:44:43 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.2
>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
+>17:44:44 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.11.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "F:\script\10-11-08\programming references\deletion of edits.au3" 
F:\script\10-11-08\programming references\deletion of edits.au3 (57) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
WinMove($hInput_GUI[$sel], "", $aInputGUI_Pos[0] - $aMouse_Pos[0] + $aCurrent_Mouse_Pos[0], $aInputGUI_Pos[1] - $aMouse_Pos[1] + $aCurrent_Mouse_Pos[1])
WinMove($hInput_GUI[$sel], "", $aInputGUI_Pos^ ERROR
->17:44:51 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
+>17:44:52 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 1   Time: 8.926
Guess you're a bit stubborn?

You're using 3.2.11.5 ...

Latest Release: 3.2.12.1 :) (you need to update)

Latest Beta: 3.2.13.11 :) (you need to update)

No sense in posting anymore, your issues was found many posts back, but I guess you chose to ignore it:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=598811

Edit:

Just noticed I'm repeating myself: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=591580

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i made an entire topic about me upgrading to beta and the problems i encountered with my script which is why i cant upgrade. i cant even run my script properly and it will open and close without any error. im not upgrading to beta anytime soon because of the problems ill have.

im not asking anyone to downgrade, just for some insight.

Edited by AustrianOak

Well it shouldn't be that buggy if you update to a stable release... I'd more think that its not AutoIt thats buggy but your code :)

What problems do you encounter?

well for a start whats the worst is idk. when i upgraded and ran my script it would run and then immediately close without any error.

i dont know why you keep telling me to upgrade. it will be easier to find a solution with the current code than having to change a crapload and upgrading.

• Moderators

well for a start whats the worst is idk. when i upgraded and ran my script it would run and then immediately close without any error.

i dont know why you keep telling me to upgrade. it will be easier to find a solution with the current code than having to change a crapload and upgrading.

The bottom line is this. You are running Pre-3.2.12.1 script code, however you want to implement post 3.2.12.1 code.

You have 3 choices.

1. Decode the 3.2.12.1 + code so it works on your 3.2.11.5 build.

2. Forget the 3.2.12.1 + code all together.

3. Make the necessary changes to your pre 3.2.12.1 code so they run on 3.2.12.1 +, and ultimately giving you the opportunity to run any new code presented by others that you may want to try.

Sad thing is, if you had taken the time you did in this post to do any of those... you'd be well on your merry way.

Cool thing is, at least you have choices. :)

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

you're right, at least i have choices. but i think they're all shit. im surprised im the only one running an old beta version.

I used older versions until I was just unable to run any of newer/cooler functions/udfs out there.

With all the thousands of scripts I've made, I realized that I truly only used a couple on a regular basis.

Took me about 30 minutes to fix over 30k lines of scripted code from the older versions (pre 3.2.12.1) to the current releases.

P.S. - Shit choices or not, at least they are in fact choices and you have your answer rather than wasting others time.