FileOpen does not work with unix files

pr1

Hello,

I have written an AutoIt program which loops through directories on the C drive, opens all readable files and searches for IP addresses in them.

Unfortunately, it can't read line-feed-terminated (ie, Unix) files, such as ImageMagick xml and html files (FileOpen returns -1). Changing the FileOpen flag from 0 to 128 (UTF8) makes no difference. Using the 4 flag (raw) seems to be the only solution, but looking for IP addresses in raw data is not really my cup of tea.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Many thanks.

pr1

#include <String.au3>

$file = FileOpen("FilenameHere", 4)

If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf

$chars = FileRead($file,FileGetSize("FilenameHere"))
FileClose($file)

$string = StringReplace(String($chars),"0x","")
$string = StringReplace(_HexToString($string), Chr(255) & Chr(254), ""); _HexToString($string) This is the important part since Raw mode returns hex.
$string = StringReplace($string, Chr(0), "")

ConsoleWrite($string)

That should return a normal readable string again so you can use StringReqExp with the pattern "\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}".

I'm not sure if you need all of the StringReplace lines for your file, however I did for mine.

Well, AutoIt SHOULD be able to read them. Linefeed-files are nothing else than text with another separator.

So, say you can't read it in text mode, just binary?

1) Does this work: FileRead($Filepath)

2) or this?

$chars = BinaryToString(FileRead($file))
FileClose($file)
MsgBox($chars)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Well, AutoIt SHOULD be able to read them. Linefeed-files are nothing else than text with another separator.

So, say you can't read it in text mode, just binary?

1) Does this work: FileRead($Filepath)

2) or this?

$chars = BinaryToString(FileRead($file))
FileClose($file)
MsgBox($chars)
Many thanks to both of you for your help.

In fact, my problem was due to the fact that I didn't close the files after I opened them, not to line endings.