Run function issue ?!

Armand

Well, it seems to me like on some computer configurations the "Run" function fails to send the launching parameters while on other computer it works OKy, do you have any idea as to why could something like that happen ?

i know i should produce a script that show the issue but the thing is... I CAN"T :P

-> i have a program which is widely distributed, over 1000 users.... now the program has 2 parts... a main process and some other process which are launched by the main process.... the main process launches the other processes with specific parameters which works perfectly on my computer and on other computers... but it appears that on some computers the Sub-process is launched but it fails to receive the parameters, as it's .log generated file says that there are no parameters....

Any idea what can prevent Run() function parameters to reach the process it launches ONLY ON SOME COMPUTERS while on others it works fine ?!

THANKS FOR ANY IDEA !!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Well, it seems to me like on some computer configurations the "Run" function fails to send the launching parameters while on other computer it works OKy, do you have any idea as to why could something like that happen ?

i know i should produce a script that show the issue but the thing is... I CAN"T :P

-> i have a program which is widely distributed, over 1000 users.... now the program has 2 parts... a main process and some other process which are launched by the main process.... the main process launches the other processes with specific parameters which works perfectly on my computer and on other computers... but it appears that on some computers the Sub-process is launched but it fails to receive the parameters, as it's .log generated file says that there are no parameters....

Any idea what can prevent Run() function parameters to reach the process it launches ONLY ON SOME COMPUTERS while on others it works fine ?!

THANKS FOR ANY IDEA !!!

How do you know the parameters are being sent? You have a log file that tells you they weren't recieved, so have you got a log of what was sent?

Since the parameters must be decided by the main program, is it possible the parameters could have some unexpected character in them, such as a space or an inverted comma or a quotation mark.

On the PCs that have the problem is the problem constant or intermittent?

Is the log file really telling the truth? Is it possible that a parameter could be devised that would result in the log saying no parameters?

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

@martin

Thanks a lot for paying attention to my post :P

-. The main program sends specific parameters i've preset. these do include spaces:

$Params = "/StartTheProcess /ProcessID9 /NN LimitedEdit /ID 0x781263"oÝ÷ Ù8^­çø§èqë,Æî[eG­«m«b~+]¡ë'ßÛ`zÛay×­j)l{a{Mú
gKw¶W²Ý©j¶¦z׫²Ø^+^Æ+liû^¯
â¶)àا¶azZ ~)^jwm«wöÌ!jØ zا¶¬zZ ²íê^¢^­籥êâzw"az+,¹æ®¶­sdbb33c´6ÖDÆæU³ÒfÇC²"FVà õôFEFôÆörgV÷Cµ&öw&ÒÆVæ6VBvFfÇ6R&ÖWFW'3¢gV÷C²fײb33c´6ÖDÆæU³Ò W@¤VæD

-. The issue doesn't seem to be presistant, it seems like disabling their anti-virus fixes it.

I will now try and use the shellexecute() function instead and send it to someone whose having the issue... maybe it'll fix it....

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

after trying several things i think the issue is the anti-virus.... since it recognizes AU3 as a virus it doesn't allow the main process to even launch the file.... which is fairly weird ... since i have the same version as some of the complainers and it seems like it happens only on their comp....

maybe it has to do with VISTA settings ?!

Anyone ?! Any idea ?!

PLEASE !!!

Hmm, if Au3 is recognized as a virus... Des it help, if u turn off UPX when compiling?

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

After complete uninstalling of kaspersky anti-virus... it still doesn't work.... parameters aren't sent ....

The main program is launching the sub-process but without the parameters........ WHY ?!

Edited by Armand

Bump!

Seems like MSN-MESSENGER is causing the problem.... whenever it's on the my program isn't working..... ANY IDEA ?!

i will try making a reproducer of the issue in a couple of hours... but WHY WOULD MSN-MESSENGER BLOCK SENDING PARAMETERS ?!?