Options in AU3Recorder

JerryH

I've used the AU3Recorder to create useful scripts involving mouse clicks on web forms in IE. However, the recorder begins its scripting with options that I'd like to change in order to make the scripts more reliable.

For example, it starts with Opt("MouseCoordMode",0), but that apparently creates scripts that can't tolerate minor changes from one machine to another, or one screen resolution to another.

I'd very much like to change that to Opt("MouseCoordMode",2), so that mouse coordinates are based on the active window client area, which should be the same everywhere. (In fact, I can't imagine why that isn't the default to start with.)

I've been searching for a way to establish options that will be used instead of the recorder's defaults, but so far come up with nothing. Anyone have an idea where I should look?

Thanks in advance for a clue!

You'll just have to $buy$ the next version. That's right... this one is back on my plate.

Lar.

$Gladly$. I need to record some rather complex functional test scripts, and they'll be a lot more portable (and thus a lot more useful) if the coordinates will be the same regardless of the machines they're used on.

• 3 months later...

It is turning out to be more of a test framework for quickly creating automated tests. It does NOT replay with timing considerations and it is still beholden to a static machine configuration to some degree. I will be putting it through trials for the next 3 months or so and possibly have something by end of summer.

There is a record engine and a replay engine. More than several functions during record and logging and error reporting during replay.

It is one of those (when I have time) things.

I have a tenant that disappeared and I need to get a new renter and the place needs some plumbing done.

busy busy busy

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

• Moderators

I have a tenant that disappeared and I need to get a new renter and the place needs some plumbing done.

If I didn't know you were married and got into the realestate game at the "perfect" :) time, that could so be taken the wrong way.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.