RapidQueuer 2.4.4

Datenshi

Ending RQ under Scheduled Tasks

It looks to me as if windows vista has trouble ending RQ when run as a scheduled task - has anyone else seen this? I'm running RQ under the SYSTEM account and I can successfully retrieve a small RS file; but then RQ doesn't exit. The only thing I've been able to do is set the job parameters in the task scheduler to stop RQ after a while (say 4 hours); but this doesn't seem optimal. It also looks to me as if LinkList.dat doesn't get cleared out, even though all files have finished downloading. Is there a better solution?

Edited by Phil Viton

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ending RQ under Scheduled Tasks

It looks to me as if windows vista has trouble ending RQ when run as a scheduled task - has anyone else seen this? I'm running RQ under the SYSTEM account and I can successfully retrieve a small RS file; but then RQ doesn't exit. The only thing I've been able to do is set the job parameters in the task scheduler to stop RQ after a while (say 4 hours); but this doesn't seem optimal. It also looks to me as if LinkList.dat doesn't get cleared out, even though all files have finished downloading. Is there a better solution?

sounds like issues caused by insufficient permissions. However doesn't SYSTEM have those permissions by default? I'm new to Vista/Win7 file security features, could the problem have to do with the owner of linklist.dat? Edited by Datenshi

• 4 weeks later...

I've put together a "plugin" of sorts which adds support for Megaupload, with automatic captcha decoding(however i can't take credit for that), I've written the code but implementing it in the current RQ is quite a problem, it was never intended to support plugins so i guess it'll require rewrite. We'll see, i got a lot of half finished ideas atm i need to finish them.

Edited by Datenshi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Post for update:

Minor bugfix update in 2.4.4, Rapidshare updated their source code which messed up some stuff in error checking, causing it to crash.

Also added support for the not so common error "The file is not fully saved at RapidShare yet. This file is possibly still being uploaded."

Project update:

I haven't had much time to code, a lot of studying =) However I got more free time now during the summer so, to start I've been looking into improving the GUI as RQ is starting to outgrow its current GUI. I've also developed a script which automates downloads from Megaupload, its in beta stage which lacks quite a lot of polishing, however I'm probably going to incorporate it into RQ later on. It'll require quite a few rewrites which might as well be done since i think i can optimize the code further.

ENJOY!

Edited by Datenshi

please make it able to download with premium account

Why on Earth would you need it for that?

Don't you have a lot more freedom with a premium account and can use any downloader you like?

Or are you just asking for something illegal?

If so then go elsewhere, that sort of thing is not tolerated or promoted here.

:mellow:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 1 month later...

I'm still having trouble with some downloads ending prematurely (though I have to say I'm convinced that this is an OS problem, and nothing to do with RQ). I wonder if it would be possible to have RQ keep trying when this happens: have RQ write the LinkList.dat file to disk (as now, if there are badly retrieved files they will be listed); and then in effect loop: if at that point LinkList isn't empty, start all over again?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Datenshi,

have you changed code for rapidqueuer as below suggested function is not working, any new suggestion on this.

1. run rapidshare file

2. run reconnect.bat file

3. run rapidshare file

Name the Batfile "reconnect.bat" and place is in RapidQueuer folder, then something like this should work.

Replace:

Func DHCP_IPRefresh() ; Handles release and requesting of new IP between downloads, requires direct DHCP connection to ISP ProgressSet(0, "DHCP:" & @CRLF & "Releasing(" & @IPAddress1 & ")and Requesting a new IP.", "-") TraySetToolTip("RapidQueuer" & @CRLF & "DHCP: Releasing(" & @IPAddress1 & ")and Requesting a new IP.") Run("ipconfig /release", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Releases current IP Sleep(2000) $TimerTimeout = TimerInit() Run("ipconfig /renew", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Requests new IP from ISP DHCP server Do Sleep(2000) If TimerDiff($TimerTimeout) > 900000 Then MsgBox(0, "Timed Out", "RapidQueuer waited 15min for DHCP server to renew IP." & @CRLF & "IP Renew is useless in this case and the option should not be enabled. Blame ISP!") Exit EndIf Until Ping("www.google.com") > 0 Or Ping("www.rapidshare.com") > 0 ; try both in case one is down. EndFunc

With:

Func DHCP_IPRefresh() ; Modified for External IP reset bat ProgressSet(0, "DHCP:" & @CRLF & "Releasing(" & @IPAddress1 & ")and Requesting a new IP.", "-") TraySetToolTip("RapidQueuer" & @CRLF & "DHCP: Releasing(" & @IPAddress1 & ")and Requesting a new IP.") Run(@Scriptdir&"\reconnect.bat", "", @SW_HIDE) ; reconnect.bat Place it in RapidQueuer folder. $TimerTimeout = TimerInit() Do Sleep(2000) If TimerDiff($TimerTimeout) > 900000 Then MsgBox(0, "Timed Out", "RapidQueuer waited 15min for DHCP server to renew IP." & @CRLF & "IP Renew is useless in this case and the option should not be enabled. Blame ISP!") Exit EndIf Until Ping("www.google.com") > 0 Or Ping("www.rapidshare.com") > 0 ; try both in case one is down. EndFunc

Then recompile, And when using RapidQueuer, tick "DHCP Refresh" in options. This will

1. Download first file

2. Run Bat wait for internet to start working again(IP reset might take a while)

3. Download second file with new IP

4. Run bat again

5. Download third file with new IP

Have you all notice rapidshare has change their interface meaning with the codes as well.. wonder this rapidquerer will still work or not

Doesn't appear to be working anymore ... hopefully Datenshi will look into it?

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

That's right, it doesn't work with the new RS site, actually this time its no small change on Rapidshare which would be easily solved. They completely changed how the download process work, and incorporated it with their API. This means yet another complete rewrite of RQs downloading procedure. I hardly have any time at all to code now a days, which I'm sure you've noticed. The little time ive had, i put into extending RQ to work with Megaupload and improving the GUI. However now that the whole RS code is obsolete its going to take even more time until i can get a stable release out.

To be frank I'm kinda annoyed with Rapidshare, recently they've made poor choices with their service, for example since a few months back they've lowered the average bandwidth for free users by quite a bit, hence download speeds are slower. Furthermore Megaupload is imo a much better service although they lack a proper API to use. Reading the updated API documentation on Rapidshare, they tell you its forbidden to automate the process of downloading queued links(RapidQueuer). In other words its OK to download 1 file after another but you have to manually start the process of each single download, this goes against the very reason for RQ to exist and obviously pisses me off.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is you guys should look for alternatives to RQ at this point, its going to take quite a while until i can get an updated version of RQ out, if ever. I might completely drop Rapidshare support because I'm so disappointed with them.

Edited by Datenshi

That's right, it doesn't work with the new RS site, actually this time its no small change on Rapidshare which would be easily solved.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is you guys should look for alternatives to RQ at this point, its going to take quite a while until i can get an updated version of RQ out, if ever.

Thanks Datenshi, for all of your hard work! As you know, and others too, I am a huge fan of RQ, especially since it's written in AutoIt, but I've switched to JDownloader (not an AutoIt program) a couple of months ago and it's has not let me down. It's freeware, and the JD team update it very quickly when any host it supports makes changes. If you don't mind, I would like to recommend it to your loyal followers until/if RQ returns in all it's glory.

Cheers,

ILLBeBack

@Datenshi - Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and like ILLBeBack I thank you for all your efforts.

@ILLBeBack - Thanks for the heads up on another program, which will hopefully tide us over until Datenshi provides an update (hopefully).

I also, are annoyed with Rapidshare, their quality control (while improved in some minor ways) is mostly worse now. I even considered paying for the Pro service seriously for the first time, but after spending ages reading through all their convoluted jargon ... and finally determining a price ... I gave it up as a bad joke. For why do we need to step through so many hurdles, and be pressured to get our money's worth (is it really?) each month, etc?

It is such a shame that so much good stuff is only available through them.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Thanks for all your hard work, Datenshi.

Rapidqueuer was a great project. It was just a matter of time before rapidshare made major changes. I'm sure this is not the last one, either.

Looking forward to your work with Megaupload....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi Datensh

this program dont work why?

and dont reset this code

IpRefresh code please

this code dont work

DHCP_IPRefresh()
Func DHCP_IPRefresh() ; Handles release and requesting of new IP between downloads, requires direct DHCP connection to ISP
    ProgressSet(0, "DHCP:" & @CRLF & "Releasing(" & @IPAddress1 & ")and Requesting a new IP.", "-")
    TraySetToolTip("RapidQueuer" & @CRLF & "DHCP: Releasing(" & @IPAddress1 & ")and Requesting a new IP.")
    Run("ipconfig /release", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Releases current IP
    Sleep(2000)
    $TimerTimeout = TimerInit()
    Run("ipconfig /renew", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Requests new IP from ISP DHCP server
    Do
        Sleep(2000)
        If TimerDiff($TimerTimeout) > 900000 Then
            MsgBox(0, "Timed Out", "RapidQueuer waited 15min for DHCP server to renew IP." & @CRLF & "IP Renew is useless in this case and the option should not be enabled. Blame ISP!")
            Exit
        EndIf
    Until Ping("www.google.com") > 0 Or Ping("www.rapidshare.com") > 0 ; try both in case one is down.
EndFunc

thank you now

Edited by mesale0077