[Solved] How to figure out a specific IE window is active

The reason is because I want to run my script using specific URLs even though the website title is the same.

I tried WinActive ($sWinTitle) but when the other window is up, the script continues, even though it shouldn't.

I tried using _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl") to try to use the URL (which is different for each window). Using the URL would work, but how do I check the URL of the window, if its active, without using the window object?

I thought of this function, $hWnd_Active = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd"), but I wasn't sure really what to do with the window handle to check the URL?

I don't know, I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I am out of ideas.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Bre

Edited by BreCalmor

The reason is because I want to run my script using specific URLs even though the website title is the same.

I tried WinActive ($sWinTitle) but when the other window is up, the script continues, even though it shouldn't.

I tried using _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl") to try to use the URL (which is different for each window). Using the URL would work, but how do I check the URL of the window, if its active, without using the window object?

I don't know, I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I am out of ideas.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Bre

something like this?

$x = ControlGetText('Title of window Goes here','','[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]')
if $x = 'url' then
;something
elseif $x = 'someotherurl'
;something else
endif

It works for me with IE

Edited by DexterMorgan
code