need help with .ini read

i am having trouble when i try to load an ini into an editbox in an GUI

i have tried

$Ldbtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("LOAD",100,360,100,20)
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
case $Ldbtn
fileopen("guild.ini")
EndSwitch
Wend

do i have to use a mode at the end of the file open

OR do i have to use variables?

can anyone help me? *i want to load a section in an .INI and have it posted in a GUI edit box\input box*

Edited by bob00037

Hi,

There was no need for your other topic. Please see my response there.

I've had a look at your code, and I have a question... Where exactly are you setting the data into your edit box? For that have a look at GUICtrlSetData(). Also take a look at the INI* functions. If you wish to read it just as a text file, look at FileRead.

Cheers,

Brett

sorry 'bout the useless post i made in GUIhelp... anyway i got it so the user can save what they type into input\edit box and now im working on (after program close and restart) loading what they have saved and setting it into the editbox\input so it can be edited and saved again :mellow: i will try your previous suggestions *ini help doesnt help much*, *fileread doesnt help much but ill look into it again*

ok i tried GUIctrlsetdata... and when i set a variable i had previously set to read a section of an .ini file it only reads a numeric value ex.(9)... any ideas?

sorry 'bout the useless post i made in GUIhelp... anyway i got it so the user can save what they type into input\edit box and now im working on (after program close and restart) loading what they have saved and setting it into the editbox\input so it can be edited and saved again :mellow: i will try your previous suggestions *ini help doesnt help much*, *fileread doesnt help much but ill look into it again*

Could you show us the code you are having problems with? How you read it depends on how you wrote it.

S*** guys i actually JUST figured it out now :mellow: it was a combination of GUICTRLSETDATA + a few variables + INIREAD thanks guys lol [sOLVED]