Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew

Very Simple Security Program

19 posts in this topic

Alright , So the people I'm trying to hide certain files are in no way very computer smart... So I've devised a very simple way of keeping my files safe.

I've hidden a folder somewhere on my pc , unlikely traveled to and innocently named... and inside of it I'm trying to create 9 folders , all named 1-9... and inside those.... 9 more named 1-9 .... I think you get the point now.

Its going to be like a Combination Lock of sorts... and I want the code to be 9 digits. Instead of making 729 folders... I'm making a program that'll do it for me.

Heres what I have so far....

For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\4\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\4\5\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\4\5\6\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\"&$i)
Next
For $i = 1 To 9
    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\9\"&$i)

In theory , I don't understand whats wrong. If you can help me , lemme know ... Thanks

*Drew

I have another idea for you, whatever you store in the main file, make fake duplicates in all the other folders with the same data size but filled with garbage.

Like, a junk .exe with the same icon.

or fake AutoIt scripts with junk text that's the exact same size as the real.

tolle indicium

That wouldn't get the same effect I'm looking for, thanks though.

That wouldn't get the same effect I'm looking for, thanks though.

What would stop me form using the search feature on windows to find teh file if you dont have anything to obfuscate it in some way?

tolle indicium

Alright I worded that a little wrong... I'm not worried about anyone stealing my scripts , or copying my work or anything. I keep logs of all kinds of things. It's a diary of sorts , but not quite so personal... but enough so it should be for my eyes only. Unfortunately , I'm no longer the only person using this computer.

Simple. You wouldn't know what to search for... And like I said , the people I'm hiding it from aren't that computer smart.

Alright I worded that a little wrong... I'm not worried about anyone stealing my scripts , or copying my work or anything.

I don't mean obfuscate the script itself, I mean "obfuscate" (for the lack of a better word) the files in many folders.

So like this:

1/wee.exe

1/wee.exe/2wee.exe

1/wee.exe/2wee.exe/3wee.exe

1/wee.exe/2wee.exe/3wee.exe/4wee.exe

Only you would know the real one.

tolle indicium

Not sure if that would work as good with a .txt file.

But you do have a good point. But first I just need to get the folders that will hold it made.

Anybody? I've yet to figure this one out.

Heres another attempt I made at it.... It somewhat worked... but left several places missing files...

I don't know why =/. The logic seemed right.

For $9 = 1 To 9
    For $8 = 1 To 9
        For $7 = 1 To 9
            For $6 = 1 To 9
                For $5 = 1 To 9
                    For $4 = 1 To 9
                        For $3 = 1 To 9
                            For $2 = 1 To 9
                                For $1 = 1 To 9
                                    DirCreate(@DesktopDir&"\Private\"&$9&"\"&$8&"\"&$7&"\"&$6&"\"&$5&"\"&$4&"\"&$3&"\"&$2&"\"&$1)
                                Next
                            Next
                        Next
                    Next
                Next
            Next
        Next
    Next
Next

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

Simple way, works but not the best way of doing it.

$Dir = StringSplit("1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10", "|")
$x = 0

Do
    $x += 1
    DirCreate($Dir[$x])
Until $x = 10

$x = 0
Do
    $x += 1
    DirCreate($Dir[$x] & "\" & $Dir[$x])
Until $x = 10

And, do not bump your topics for 24 hours.

Edited by Glyph

tolle indicium

I'm not sure how to use that code.

How would I set the path for the dircreate?

"c:\windows\"&$Dir[$x]

Add that to all the dir variables.

tolle indicium

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

Alright it makes the first 9 folders. ( It makes folders 1-9 in the designated dir... )

But in ( for example ) folder number 3 , it only contains a folder names 3... instead of 1-9.

And I don't understand how that code is supposed to branch it all the way out.

I'm trying to make a combination lock sort of thing. Everytime you open 1 folder , it should contain 9 more folders. This should go on for 9 choices , making the "combination lock's" code be 9 digits.

This code only makes 2 tier , and errors ( as explained above ) on the 2nd tier.

Edit:

If you left the code unfinished in hopes of me finishing it myself ( which is not at all a problem ) , could you explain the theory behind the code? I'm having trouble trying to see where you were going with it.

Edited by Drew

Alright it makes the first 9 folders. ( It makes folders 1-9 in the designated dir... )

But in ( for example ) folder number 3 , it only contains a folder names 3... instead of 1-9.

And I don't understand how that code is supposed to branch it all the way out.

I'm trying to make a combination lock sort of thing. Everytime you open 1 folder , it should contain 9 more folders. This should go on for 9 choices , making the "combination lock's" code be 9 digits.

This code only makes 2 tier , and errors ( as explained above ) on the 2nd tier.

Edit:

If you left the code unfinished in hopes of me finishing it myself ( which is not at all a problem ) , could you explain the theory behind the code? I'm having trouble trying to see where you were going with it.

What's the error?

I already did the 2 tiers for you, you can do the other 7?

It's not the best code, but it's good for someone to get a running start from.

tolle indicium

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

If you tested my previous code , I already had 2-3 tiers. "You can't do the other 7?"

If you passed middle school math , you would know that it gets a whole lot more complicated every tier you go up. After realizing theres going to be a total of 729 files.... is it really as simple as you just tried to make it sound?

There really wasn't much thought behind your code, to be honest. It's actually more work , and more complex than need be. ( Unless there's something you aren't telling me , as I will admit , I'm not the most fluent in this language. )

And I told you what the error was... First tier is fine... But if you open a folder in the 1st tier , lets say folder 4 , the only thing inside of it ... is a folder named 4.

Edit:

I really do appreciate the help , don't get me wrong... But the arrogance in your posts followed by the lack of experience to back it quite honestly pissed me off.

Edited by Drew

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

If you tested my previous code , I already had 2-3 tiers. "You can't do the other 7?"

If you passed middle school math , you would know that it gets a whole lot more complicated every tier you go up. After realizing theres going to be a total of 729 files.... is it really as simple as you just tried to make it sound?

There really wasn't much thought behind your code, to be honest. It's actually more work , and more complex than need be. ( Unless there's something you aren't telling me , as I will admit , I'm not the most fluent in this language. )

And I told you what the error was... First tier is fine... But if you open a folder in the 1st tier , lets say folder 4 , the only thing inside of it ... is a folder named 4.

hahaha. Now I see.

Sorry about that, it's 4am....

All my code was doing, was overwriting the folder that was already there. hah.

I'm thinking something like an array, would do the job better.

So:

1/2/3

xx-1/2/3

xxxx-1/2/3

xxxxxxxx-1/2/3

etc..

Would be a more complicated loop then what I was originally thinking, lol.

I'm going to go to sleep, before I make any more mistakes. -.-

Edited by Glyph

tolle indicium

Thanks for your help... And its no problem , It took me a few "wtf's" before I realized it was going to be alot more complex than I had imagined.

Alright , my previous theory works... it just takes forever. I'm only on tier 5 and its taking damn forever to make the files... So I think I'm going to settle with a 5 digit lock :mellow:.

Here's the working code... to anyone interested... It's an exact replica of one of my ideas in a previous post , however the variables are changed up because well... it was a different test.

For $4 = 1 To 9
    For $3 = 1 To 9
        For $2 = 1 To 9
            For $1 = 1 To 9
                For $x = 1 To 9
                    DirCreate( @DeskTopDir&"\Private\"&"\"&$4&"\"&"\"&$3&"\"&"\"&$2&"\"&$1&"\"&$Dir[$x])
                Next
            Next
        Next
    Next
Next