Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
t8inevergreen

AutoitExecuteScript from memory?

2 posts in this topic

Please forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot asking this, or if it has been asked before (in which case I'd gladly accept a link to the thread, I've done some searching but found nothing), but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to run an autoit script from a compiled au3's memory. I know that you can do a /autoitexecutescript with a file to the embedded au3 "engine", but what if you have the script stored as a variable?

My reason for doing this is I am writing a device recovery system for my flash drive (if you know me, you know how much I love my flash drive) and I need to be able to set up a server from the stolen flash drive that will be able to execute scripts. I've seen remote execution apps written on this forum, but the ones that I've seen only allow you to execute line by line. I would like to be able to send scripts to the server to interact with the thief or anyone who happened to find my flash drive and plug it in, but just in case the possessor of the device is malicious, I'd rather the chunks of code not be sent in plain text (think WireShark) nor written to the device at all. So, send script in encrypted form, decrypt on server side (flash drive), and execute the decrypted result from memory.

I realize that this may be a contravercial topic, so if you feel that this information should not be discussed on the forum or at all, then let me know or PM me please.

Thanks all.

-T8

The short answer is no with a but, the long answer is a yes with an if. Plainly no, in autoit it is not possible (at least not practical) to do this. Autoit is a scripting language and is executed line by line, no getting around that. Sending the data, even encrypted, is not a very practical measure since you would need to know the IP of the person using it, which could be used for malicious intentions. Any data sent could also be captured with a packet sniffer and could also be altered or traced right back to you. Also executing from memory has been discussed before in Zedna's resource UDF. There are ways to prevent access to the drive without sending data over an encrypted stream, a locking program perhaps?