ResHacker project

trancexx

It is really great. For viewing resources it's even better than ResHacker, since it doesn't show an out-of-mem error if there's a PNG-icon in an icongroup.

The only thing i wish to have is modifying resources in already existing Exes or DLLs.

Coming from you... well, means alot.

Thanks

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

It is really great. For viewing resources it's even better than ResHacker, since it doesn't show an out-of-mem error if there's a PNG-icon in an icongroup.

The only thing i wish to have is modifying resources in already existing Exes or DLLs.

2nded

when will support for modifying exe's be availiable?

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

thank you trancexx

this looks like something i was longing for. i guess it can be used to create .icl files, too.

j. ^_^

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

Yes, it can.

New script attached.

Enumeration of resources is done much faster now. Enumeration is done twice. Once to determine the size of needed array and than again to populate that array. This is done to avoid ReDim() for thousands of times (this was the slow part).

Also some files under Vista were slow to enumerate resources from (shel32.dll, ...), so I played a bit with it and found rather unusual solution for that problem. Anyway, much faster now.

Plenty of little things more. Pays to download.

@corgano, will be, will be... This new script is few steps closer to that.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Can it really create ICL-Files? I thought that an icl-file is a 16bit DLL which has only a resource section. Can this Project create 16bit DLLs?

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Can it really create ICL-Files? I thought that an icl-file is a 16bit DLL which has only a resource section. Can this Project create 16bit DLLs?

ICL can be 32bit too.

No it cannot make 16bit modules.

... but it could if someone would think that's needed.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

This thing is great!

What can we expect to see in the future from this?

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

This thing is great!

What can we expect to see in the future from this?

Ability to edit resources of existing modules (reason why this is not implemented yet is because of possible damages that people could do to whatever they try to edit).

Command line section for that kind of automation.

More detailed view (e.g. RT_DIALOG code)

Optional RT_VERSION for compiled resource dlls

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Ability to edit resources of existing modules (reason why this is not implemented yet is because of possible damages that people could do to whatever they try to edit).

You should create a backup of the file before making changes.

Also, you could include a warning dialog and an Ini-key to disable it ^_^

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

You should create a backup of the file before making changes.

Also, you could include a warning dialog and an Ini-key to disable it ^_^

Yes.

If you were downloading this last two scripts you could saw that I've made that, or maybe very similar step. I'm detaching from original module while (for now) enumerating resources. My plan is not to go back until user choose to save possibly done changes. Temp file will be edited.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Command line section for that kind of automation. [Ed] ^_^ [/Ed]

More detailed view (e.g. RT_DIALOG code)

Optional RT_VERSION for compiled resource dlls

Yo trancexx,

Just like to say that your ResHacker Project is coming along in leaps and bounds Dude, keep up the great work. ;)

Any ideas for a name yet?

It really deserves one as a standalone program it its own right :(

Respect

Vlad

wtfpl-badge-1.png