Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BinaryBrother

Ahh! New AutoIt errors!

7 posts in this topic

I think the NEW AutoIt released before Christmas changed the INetGet to Binary Transfer... I think it may be what's responsible for my new script breaks...

Or has INetGet always used Binary Transfer?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I think the NEW AutoIt released before Christmas changed the INetGet to Binary Transfer... I think it may be what's responsible for my new script breaks...

Or has INetGet always used Binary Transfer?

in order to get something other than plain text... you have to use binary so...yes inetget uses binary

p.s: though it could use text/binary depending on the mime type :)

cheers

Edited by TheMadman

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

in order to get something other than plain text... you have to use binary so...yes inetget uses binary

p.s: though it could use text/binary depending on the mime type :)

cheers

It's an HTML page... and there IS a way to download HTML via ASCII or ANSI... (I get the two mixed up...)

Inet was doing it before... Another one of my line dependent scripts are broken, and when I look at the HTML (After it's downloaded), its half scrambled, just like non-rendered, or HTML downloads using Binary transfer look like... The text looses its structure...

Example? Text shouldn't loose it's structure when it's transferred in binary mode. It's just a 1:1 copy then.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Example? Text shouldn't loose it's structure when it's transferred in binary mode. It's just a 1:1 copy then.

When any HTML page is saved through any Browsing client, it's <HTML> structuring remains in tact. Where-as with the INetGet Function, this isn't happening... WGet will even transfer text modes with structure.

INetGet("http://www.binarybrother.com/main","C:\test.html")

There is your example of using INetGet. To review this example, navigate to "C:\" and open the document named "test.html" with an editor, such as notepad.

Notice the mutilation of the structure? This file was clearly transferred in Binary mode?

P.S. Another method to test is using FTP... You have 2 options for transfer... If you transfer an HTML file using Binary... It will work, because the HTML is still correct, but the visual structure of the file is fried... If you transfer in text/ANSI mode... that visual structure is NOT mutilated...

Edited by BinaryBrother

When any HTML page is saved through any Browsing client, it's <HTML> structuring remains in tact. Where-as with the INetGet Function, this isn't happening... WGet will even transfer text modes with structure.

INetGet("http://www.binarybrother.com/main","C:\test.html")

There is your example of using INetGet. To review this example, navigate to "C:\" and open the document named "test.html" with an editor, such as notepad.

Notice the mutilation of the structure? This file was clearly transferred in Binary mode?

P.S. Another method to test is using FTP... You have 2 options for transfer... If you transfer an HTML file using Binary... It will work, because the HTML is still correct, but the visual structure of the file is fried... If you transfer in text/ANSI mode... that visual structure is NOT mutilated...

I tried the INetGet line you posted and I can't see anything wrong with the file test.html. Nothing appears to be mutilated.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

I tried the INetGet line you posted and I can't see anything wrong with the file test.html. Nothing appears to be mutilated.

Did you open it with a 'basic' editor that doesn't modify formatting? 'notepad' per-say? Because that is how AutoIt's FileRead() works, NO formatting in RAW form...

I can't figure it out... I just changed my scripts to not expect certain text on a certain line...

Edited by BinaryBrother