Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Code

#include <sqlite.au3>
#include <sqlite.dll.au3>

_SQLite_Startup()
_SQLite_Open("abc.db3")
_SQLite_Exec(-1,"Create table abc(id)")

For $i=1 To 100 Step 1
    _SQLite_Exec(-1,"Insert into abc values ('1')")
    ConsoleWrite($i & @CRLF)
Next

_SQLite_Close ("abc.db3")
_SQLite_Shutdown ()

I think enclosing the loop with a TRANSACTION statements should improve speed... also try to skip the consolewrite :)... Additionally you can set a Pragma command directly after the creation of the DB which is said (?) to speed up the DB. Look-up sqlite.org docu for explanation...

#include <sqlite.au3>

_SQLite_Startup()
_SQLite_Open("abc.db3")
_SQLite_Exec(-1, "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF;")

_SQLite_Exec(-1, "BEGIN TRANSACTION")
For $i=1 To 100 Step 1
Next
_SQLite_Exec(-1, "COMMIT TRANSACTION")

_SQLite_Shutdown ()

That gave me

+>14:00:17 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:00:18 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.968

and don't forget that this included the creation of the DB and the shutdown.

Edited by KaFu

Was just curious what measured effect the COMMIT has...

#include <sqlite.au3>

_SQLite_Startup()
_SQLite_Open("abc.db3")
_SQLite_Exec(-1, "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF;")

$begin = TimerInit()
_SQLite_Exec(-1, "BEGIN TRANSACTION")
For $i=1 To 1000 Step 1
Next
_SQLite_Exec(-1, "COMMIT TRANSACTION")
ConsoleWrite(@crlf & "With COMMIT " & round(TimerDiff($begin),0) & " ms" & @crlf)

$begin = TimerInit()
For $i=1 To 1000 Step 1
Next
ConsoleWrite(@crlf & "Without COMMIT " & round(TimerDiff($begin),0) & " ms" & @crlf & @crlf)

_SQLite_Shutdown ()

Result

With COMMIT 116 ms

Without COMMIT 682 ms

+>14:54:30 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:54:31 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 2.167

Clearly shows the speed improvement of the commit... and that most time is spend creating db, initiated connection and shut it down afterwards. The insert part seems to be by far the fastest, note that I increased the inserts to 1000!

• 11 years later...

If you need to further improve the insert speed, you can group multiple row values in each insert statement, all grouped inside a transaction.

insert into mytable values (1), (2), (3), ..., (100)

This cuts down by 100 (here) the number of times that the engine has to compile the statement and do its house keeping. For instance, you would only perform 10 inserts instead of 1000 in the example above.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

First jchd thank you so much for your help.  Doing a project in Sqlite and most of the helpful posts are yours.  Especially in your signature the tutorials and help sites.   Thank you!!!!!!! 

Adding barcodes to our hospital supplies.  I downloaded a FDA database with 1.25m entries.  Loading into Sqlite.  First 250,000 took maybe 10-15 hours.  I made the changes above and the last 1,000,000 took 30mins!!!  I'm going to add your changes and see how quick I can get it done.  

Then the hospital gave me a list of 40,000 supplies that they use.  Going to go through list and search the sql table with the model number.  Will get the barcode ID (GTIN) and add to my list.  Purchasing will upload back and bam we'll have the ability to enter supplies, implants with barcodes.  Will be a huge time saver.  

Again thank you!!!!!!

For really massive changes to a table, it's often beneficial to drop all indices to said tables first, perform changes and only then rebuild indices.  Of course your mileage will vary depending on actual context and schema.

There are many possibilities to fine-tune a specific schema for a given use case and it's hard to give generic advices beyond basic guidelines.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)