Sign in to follow this  
dew

GUI buttons does not work

dew

I am working on my first GUI and I am having a problem getting the buttons to work correctly.

Would someone show me what I am doing wrong? Thanks ahead.

source code:

;#RequireAdmin

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#Include <WinAPI.au3>

#Include <File.au3> ; _FileReadToArray

#include <array.au3>

LOCAL $Button_1, $Button_2, $Button_3, $Button_4, $Button_5, $msg

Dim $log, $dir, $fullfile, $lnkinfo, $sAppOpen, $shWndFocus, $file, $search

;************************************************************

;GUI

GuiCreate("Link Files Verification Test", 365, 225)

;GUI labels -

GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Test to verify that the necessary "" Lnk"" files work correctly.", 5, 5, 350, 50)

GuiCtrlCreateLabel(" ( Log files are created for", 5, 75, 350, 50)

GuiCtrlCreateLabel(" both passed and failed", 5, 90, 350, 50)

GuiCtrlCreateLabel(" ""Lnk"" files.)", 5, 105, 350, 50)

;GUI labels - created by

GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Copyrighted by David Wagner, 2009", 5, 200, 350, 50)

;----- buttons/input -----

;GUICtrlSetFont(-1,10)

GuiSetState()

$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("1. Generate the Lnk log files.",5,40,150,25)

$Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("2. View the Successful Lnk files found.", 165,40,195,25)

$Button_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("3. Print the Successful Lnk files found.", 165,75,195,25)

$Button_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("4. View the Failed Lnk files not found.", 165,110,195,25)

$Button_5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("5. Print the Failed Lnk files not found.", 165,145,195,25)

; What to do when a button is pressed -

GUISetState() ; will display an dialog box with 2 button

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

MsgBox(0, "", "Test Was Canceled.")

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $Button_1

;Create the link's data file -----------------------------------------------------------------

$log = FileOpen("lnkFilesList.txt", 2) ;Caution: txt file will be erased at start!

_loopdir(@StartMenuCommonDir) ;Use @StartMenuDir to find all files in the current users's startmenu,

;use @StartMenuCommonDir for the allusers startmenu

_loopdir(@ProgramsDir) ;Will find all files in the current users's program menu (folder on start menu)

FileClose($log) ;Close the file

Case $msg = $Button_2

Run('Notepad.exe') ; Will Run/Open Notepad

MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 2 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 2 being pressed

Case $msg = $Button_3

MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 3 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 3 being pressed

Case $msg = $Button_4

MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 4 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 4 being pressed

Case $msg = $Button_5

MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 5 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 5 being pressed

EndSelect

WEnd

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Func _loopdir($dir)

$search = FileFindFirstFile($dir & "\*")

While 1

$file = FileFindNextFile($search)

If @error Then ExitLoop

$fullfile = $dir & "\" & $file

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullfile), "D") Then _loopdir($fullfile) ;If its a subdirectory, check this too

If StringLower(StringRight($file, 3)) = "lnk" Then ;Check to see if it is a lnk based on file extension

$lnkinfo = FileGetShortcut($fullfile)

FileWriteLine($log, $fullfile)

EndIf

WEnd

EndFunc

Bert

The labels you have are covering up the buttons. (Width was set to 350) As soon as I remarked the labels out, the script performed as expected. I fixed it and remarked where you made the error. In SciTE, look at lines 17, 18, and 19. Width is set to 150

;#RequireAdmin
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <array.au3>

Local $Button_1, $Button_2, $Button_3, $Button_4, $Button_5, $msg

;GUI
GUICreate("Link Files Verification Test", 365, 225)

;GUI labels -
;GUICtrlCreateLabel("Test to verify that the necessary "" Lnk"" files work correctly.", 5, 5, 350, 50)
GUICtrlCreateLabel(" ( Log files are created for", 5, 75,150, 50) ;width was set to 350. I set it to 150
GUICtrlCreateLabel(" both passed and failed", 5, 90, 150, 50);width was set to 350. I set it to 150
GUICtrlCreateLabel(" ""Lnk"" files.)", 5, 105, 150, 50);width was set to 350. I set it to 150

;~ ;GUI labels - created by
;~ GUICtrlCreateLabel("Copyrighted by David Wagner, 2009", 5, 200, 350, 50)

;GUICtrlSetFont(-1,10)
$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("1. Generate the Lnk log files.", 5, 40, 150, 25)
$Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("2. View the Successful Lnk files found.", 165, 40, 195, 25)
$Button_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("3. Print the Successful Lnk files found.", 165, 75, 195, 25)
$Button_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("4. View the Failed Lnk files not found.", 165, 110, 195, 25)
$Button_5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("5. Print the Failed Lnk files not found.", 165, 145, 195, 25)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
                ExitLoop

Case $msg = $Button_1
            ;Create the link's data file -----------------------------------------------------------------
            $log = FileOpen("lnkFilesList.txt", 2) ;Caution: txt file will be erased at start!
            _loopdir(@StartMenuCommonDir) ;Use @StartMenuDir to find all files in the current users's startmenu,
            _loopdir(@ProgramsDir) ;Will find all files in the current users's program menu (folder on start menu)

Case $msg = $Button_2
            MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 2 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 2 being pressed

Case $msg = $Button_3
            MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 3 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 3 being pressed

Case $msg = $Button_4
            MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 4 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 4 being pressed

Case $msg = $Button_5
            MsgBox(0, 'Testing', 'Button 5 was pressed') ; demonstrate Button 5 being pressed
    EndSelect
WEnd

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Func _loopdir($dir)

While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullfile), "D") Then _loopdir($fullfile) ;If its a subdirectory, check this too

If StringLower(StringRight($file, 3)) = "lnk" Then ;Check to see if it is a lnk based on file extension
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_loopdir
Edited by Volly

dew

Volly,

Thank you for getting back to me. And thanks for pointing out what was wrong. I guessed when I defined the dialog box at '365', I assumed the labeled to be mosted of the length (DUH!) and then placed it over the button. I understand what I was doing. Again, thanks for pointing it out.

The labels you have are covering up the buttons. (Width was set to 350) As soon as I remarked the labels out, the script performed as expected. I fixed it and remarked where you made the error. In SciTE, look at lines 17, 18, and 19. Width is set to 150

;#RequireAdmin
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <array.au3>

Local $Button_1, $Button_2, $Button_3, $Button_4, $Button_5, $msg

;GUI
GUICreate("Link Files Verification Test", 365, 225)

;GUI labels -
;GUICtrlCreateLabel("Test to verify that the necessary "" Lnk"" files work correctly.", 5, 5, 350, 50)
GUICtrlCreateLabel(" ( Log files are created for", 5, 75,150, 50) ;width was set to 350. I set it to 150
GUICtrlCreateLabel(" both passed and failed", 5, 90, 150, 50);width was set to 350. I set it to 150
GUICtrlCreateLabel(" ""Lnk"" files.)", 5, 105, 150, 50);width was set to 350. I set it to 150

;~ ;GUI labels - created by
;~ GUICtrlCreateLabel("Copyrighted by David Wagner, 2009", 5, 200, 350, 50)

;GUICtrlSetFont(-1,10)
$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("1. Generate the Lnk log files.", 5, 40, 150, 25)
$Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("2. View the Successful Lnk files found.", 165, 40, 195, 25)
$Button_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("3. Print the Successful Lnk files found.", 165, 75, 195, 25)
$Button_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("4. View the Failed Lnk files not found.", 165, 110, 195, 25)
$Button_5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("5. Print the Failed Lnk files not found.", 165, 145, 195, 25)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
                ExitLoop

Case $msg = $Button_1

Case $msg = $Button_2

Case $msg = $Button_3

Case $msg = $Button_4

Case $msg = $Button_5
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func _loopdir($dir)

While 1
        If @error Then ExitLoop

EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_loopdir