Remove button border (and a few other things)

Overkill

How do I get rid of the blue outer border surrounding a button? I don't want the blue killing the GUI ><

Also, how can I customize the mouseover/onclick colors of the button? If I specify GUICtrlSetBkColor or GUICtrlSetColor the button loses the default mouseover properties (mouseover=gold inner border, onclick=no inner border).

I tried using the style/exstyle stuff and nothing I tried worked. Created a second button so that I could tab off of my main button's focus.

Example: (forgive my bored humor)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$GUI = GUICreate("This is a test GUI",300,100)
    GUISetBkColor(0x000000)

GUICtrlCreateButton("X",0,0,1,1)
     GUICtrlSetBKColor(-1,0x000000)
     GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0x000000)

$BTN = GUICtrlCreateButton("This is not a test",25,25,250,50)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0x00FF00)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
    Case $BTN
        MsgBox(16,"EXPLOSION!","Told you it wasn't a test. You die in the explosion.")
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        MsgBox(0,"SAFE!","Congratulations: Curiosity didn't kill you...this time...")
        Exit
    EndSwitch
Wend
Edited by Overkill

How do I get rid of the blue outer border surrounding a button? I don't want the blue killing the GUI ><

Also, how can I customize the mouseover/onclick colors of the button? If I specify GUICtrlSetBkColor or GUICtrlSetColor the button loses the default mouseover properties (mouseover=gold inner border, onclick=no inner border).

I tried using the style/exstyle stuff and nothing I tried worked. Created a second button so that I could tab off of my main button's focus.

Example: (forgive my bored humor)

GUISetBkColor(0x000000)

$BTN = GUICtrlCreateButton("This is not a test",25,25,250,50)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
    Case $BTN
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        Exit
    EndSwitch
Wend
Try this

#include <staticconstants.au3>

Global $XS_n

GUISetBkColor(0x000000)

$BTN = GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is not a test",25,25,250,50, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE))

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
    Case $BTN
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        Exit
    EndSwitch
Wend
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

That effectively achieves part of my goal, but I still want it to behave like a button (with mouseover/onclick behaviors), which is why I'm not using it. Plus, you can click on a button and it won't set GUIGetMsg() until you release the mouse button with the cursor still over it (gives you the ability to change your mind or correct a misclick). the label sends immediately on clicking, which removes this ability.

It might be that the source of my problem is in the Windows XP theme, but I haven't done anything other than ponder it yet. If there's no other workaround then I suppose the label trick will have to do.

That effectively achieves part of my goal, but I still want it to behave like a button (with mouseover/onclick behaviors), which is why I'm not using it. Plus, you can click on a button and it won't set GUIGetMsg() until you release the mouse button with the cursor still over it (gives you the ability to change your mind or correct a misclick). the label sends immediately on clicking, which removes this ability.

It might be that the source of my problem is in the Windows XP theme, but I haven't done anything other than ponder it yet. If there's no other workaround then I suppose the label trick will have to do.

The XP theme doesn't affect the blue outline.

You could get the effect you want with something like this

#include <staticconstants.au3>
#include <misc.au3>

Global $XS_n

$GUI = GUICreate("This is a test GUI", 300, 100)
GUISetBkColor(0x000000)

GUICtrlCreateButton("X", 0, 0, 1, 1)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000)

$BTN = GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is not a test", 25, 25, 250, 50, BitOR($SS_CENTER, $SS_CENTERIMAGE))
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $BTN
            GUICtrlSetBkColor($BTN, 0x111111)
            $over = True
            While _IsPressed(01)
                Sleep(20)
                $ci = GUIGetCursorInfo()
                If $ci[4] = $BTN And $over = False Then
                    GUICtrlSetBkColor($BTN, 0x111111)
                    $over = True
                EndIf
                If $ci[4] <> $BTN And $over = True Then
                    GUICtrlSetBkColor($BTN, 0)
                    $over = False
                EndIf

WEnd
            GUICtrlSetBkColor($BTN, 0)
            $ci = GUIGetCursorInfo()
            If $ci[4] = $BTN Then MsgBox(16, "EXPLOSION!", "Told you it wasn't a test. You die in the explosion.")
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            MsgBox(0, "SAFE!", "Congratulations: Curiosity didn't kill you...this time...")
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 9 years later...

I had to join this forum just to say this post should be marked as solved. Without a doubt this is by far the best and most flexible approach.

Also solves most every other problem (I'm looking at you focus line) ...

However, I was also looking for the way to change that line color. The outline box or group box also has a color that I can't seem to change in that case white.

Is there a simple way and not a total code rewrite that keys in on these lines to change their color?

I can see the advantages of this approach but would also like to know if there is a solution.