Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EndFunc

Multiple selection ListBox read

10 posts in this topic

I've been trying to read a list that uses the $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL. When I do a GuiCtrlRead, it only returns the last value selected. What am I missing? How do I return all the values selected in the ListBox?

Thanks

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I've been trying to read a list that uses the $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL. When I do a GuiCtrlRead, it only returns the last value selected. What am I missing? How do I return all the values selected in the ListBox?

Thanks

helpfile

$Input_Site3_Folder = GUICtrlCreateCombo($exp, 40, 160, 405)

GUICtrlSetData(-1, $exp0 & "|" & $exp1 & "|" & $exp2)

GUICtrlSetState(-1, 256)

Edited by ReaImDown

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

EndFunc,

I had the same problem a while ago - took ages for the penny to drop! Try holding down the Ctrl key while you select and then use _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems .

M23

Edited because I just realised you were only using GUICtrlRead. Sorry.

And again because PsaltyDS beat me to it!

Edited by Melba23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks

Use _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems() :)

helpfile

$Input_Site3_Folder = GUICtrlCreateCombo($exp, 40, 160, 405)

GUICtrlSetData(-1, $exp0 & "|" & $exp1 & "|" & $exp2)

GUICtrlSetState(-1, 256)

That only sets $GUI_FOCUS on the control... how does that help? :)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You both misunderstood, I already know how to create a list box so I don't need to use the help file for that.

thanks, I already know how to do multiple selections, that is a basic windows function.

What I was referring to is I am trying to read the control with GuiCtrlRead while I have all multiple selections but it only retrieves the last selected item.

I am using an Array to read from an Ini file to populate my listbox which works fine.

I can't figure out how to show all the items I have selected using GuiCtrlRead. Output can be a message box , log etc. Doesn't matter about output right now.

Use _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems() :)

That only sets $GUI_FOCUS on the control... how does that help? :)

Ah, I will try that. Thanks.

Ok I was able to use _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText

The problem I'm having now is that I can't get the array to reset. If I run it in a while loop and I run the Case again, it will add to the array with the same values.

How do I reset it? I tried re delcaring but that didn't work right or i wasn't doing it right.

This is the code I am running.

Local $ShowItems, $aShowItems, $List1
 $ShowItems = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText($List1)
For $iI = 1 To $ShowItems[0]
        $aShowItems &= @LF & $ShowItems[$iI]
    Next
    MsgBox(0,0, $aShowItems)

EndFunc,

I believe you are looking for _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel - from the Help file: An $iIndex of -1 means to toggle select/unselect of all items (ignores the $fSelect).

Although given my previous success rate with this thread, you may wish to ignore this. ;-0

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Ok I was able to use _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText

The problem I'm having now is that I can't get the array to reset. If I run it in a while loop and I run the Case again, it will add to the array with the same values.

How do I reset it? I tried re delcaring but that didn't work right or i wasn't doing it right.

This is the code I am running.

Local $ShowItems, $aShowItems, $List1
 $ShowItems = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText($List1)
For $iI = 1 To $ShowItems[0]
        $aShowItems &= @LF & $ShowItems[$iI]
Next
MsgBox(0,0, $aShowItems)
The array $ShowItems will be replaced with the new selection list, but the string $aShowItems will only get reset if you add a line of code to do it. Something like:
$aShowItems = ""

Your description and variable naming are confusing the issue. The leading lower case 'a' in a variable name indicates an array by convention, but you are naming a string variable using $aShowItems vice $sShowItems. The actual array has no indication of its type in $ShowItems. To fit with conventions and avoid confusion, I would have done something more like:

Local $sShowItems = "", $aShowItems, $List1
 $aShowItems = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText($List1)
For $i = 1 To $aShowItems[0]
        $sShowItems &= @LF & $aShowItems[$i]
Next
MsgBox(0,0, $sShowItems)

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The array $ShowItems will be replaced with the new selection list, but the string $aShowItems will only get reset if you add a line of code to do it. Something like:

$aShowItems = ""

Your description and variable naming are confusing the issue. The leading lower case 'a' in a variable name indicates an array by convention, but you are naming a string variable using $aShowItems vice $sShowItems. The actual array has no indication of its type in $ShowItems. To fit with conventions and avoid confusion, I would have done something more like:

Local $sShowItems = "", $aShowItems, $List1
 $aShowItems = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText($List1)
For $i = 1 To $aShowItems[0]
        $sShowItems &= @LF & $aShowItems[$i]
Next
MsgBox(0,0, $sShowItems)

:)

You are right about that naming. Sorry didn't mean to confuse. I've made my adjustments.