File Management

anixon

For the record i didn't mean to come off as condescending as i did, it's just a bit of a peeve of mine when people blame the language for their inability to solve a problem.

I completely agree with you on that. However, I do notice many people stick to AutoIt once they have learned it as their first language. It is essential to become a great programmer to learn a multiple of languages and be able to pick the right language for the job.

Edit: Looks like I broke my own promise (?) of going back to my programmer rock. Perhaps this discussion is better left for another time.

Edited by Manadar

I completely agree with you on that. However, I do notice many people stick to AutoIt once they have learned it as their first language. It is essential to become a great programmer to learn a multiple of languages and be able to pick the right language for the job.

Edit: Looks like I broke my own promise (?) of going back to my programmer rock. Perhaps this discussion is better left for another time.

I like AutoIt... And I'm too lazy to learn something else :)

im learning Javascript and after using Autoit for a year and a half....wait... no 6months or so idk its really easy, compared to C++ whitch i gave up on learning... BTW why cant you just use

Stringtrimright('File.txt',1)
wouldnt that do the job

EDIT

forgot to say I LOVE AUTOIT!!! i actually am teaching a few friends of mine... and uhh there not really getting it, i guess they just need something to reference it to to learn it better... that helps most times.. GOOD luck with this problem and i betcha Brett is right, as usuall i would recomend using his examples more than mine (I AM SO NOT KISSING A**!!!!!!) lol

Edited by CodyBarrett

Good Point my bad i appologize.... but ok hows this?would this work for him

StringTrimRight(Fileread('File.txt'),1)

?? lol OR you can use a variable inplace of the Fileread()

Good Point my bad i appologize.... but ok hows this?would this work for him

StringTrimRight(Fileread('File.txt'),1)

?? lol OR you can use a variable inplace of the Fileread()

That is correct, but then again: Have a look at his post. He asked for something faster than StringTrimRight. ^^

We're back at square one.

StringTrimRight() would work, but it would take too long to process...anything alittle faster?

lol, then i cant help its out of my range of knowledge :) Brett, Manadar GO FOR IT