Sign in to follow this  
joeloyzaga

get all objects within web page

joeloyzaga

I need a function to call to get all the objects (tag elements - e.g buttons, text input areas, etc etc) within the web page displayed within IE or Firefox with a URL that I supply to the function as an argument. The function parses(?) the page and produces a list to output to a new file (txt or cvs or xls) that I will format later. Does anyone know how to achieve this? I tried vbs with not much joy, I can try using python by parsing the page using "beautiful soup" and traversing the element tree and listing the output but it means a whole lot of learning curves and I'm more comfortable with a basic-like language. Can anybody help me out by giving me examples of getting elements or tags and listing them in functions. Hey somebody could be really brilliant and give me some sort of solution too!

Robjong

Hey,

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at the _IE* functions in the help file there are a lot of functions to get objects and most/all of them have examples.

The help file and forum search option are your friend :P

(Online help file: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/)

Edit: URL

Edited by Robjong

DaleHohm

In particular, see _IETagNameAllGetCollection

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

joeloyzaga

In particular, see _IETagNameAllGetCollection

Dale

can't see this function in the docs section

Authenticity

So you need to update your documents. If you're searching the help file (the latest one) you'll see it. (F1 from SciTE editor)

BrettF

Make sure you are looking in the UDF section of the help file too, and that you are using the full help file (AutoIt.chm over using AutoIt3.chm or UDFs3.chm...)

Cheers,

Brett

Robjong

Hey,

@joeloyzaga, did you install SciTE4AutoIt already?

If not you should, it shows if you have errors and comes with a lot of tools to help you out AND a easy to use help file.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.shtml

btw. The online docs are usefull but not the way to go, just use AutoIt.chm