Binding two files together...

what about compressing them

Win+R>Iexpress.exe

take a look at it :D

it compresses files in a self-exctracting cab with a .exe extension :o

cheers

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

i am trying to build a binder / byte adder.

and this still remains unresolved!!!

We already know WHAT you want to do, but not WHY. We know you want to build a "binder/byte adder" and this question was also already answered. Do you remember reading something like "copy /b..."??

My question was WHY would you want to build this type of script and how you intend for it to work? You want to somehow combine two executables then when it's run you want it to run both programs. It just doesn't work that way...

• Developers

Holy mackerel, what a load of confusions is created here....

Ok, let me try it one time:

xXUlTiMaTeSiNXx , What are you trying to accomplish with this. In other words describe what you want to do.

You get 1 post to properly describe it or else this thread can be considered closed.

Jos

ps: Please do us all a favor and make you sig pictures less/smaller.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

We already know WHAT you want to do, but not WHY. We know you want to build a "binder/byte adder" and this question was also already answered. Do you remember reading something like "copy /b..."??

My question was WHY would you want to build this type of script and how you intend for it to work? You want to somehow combine two executables then when it's run you want it to run both programs. It just doesn't work that way...

no actuly it dose work that way, google search "binder" and you will see theres lots of them out there, all i want to do, is compile two .exe files into a single .exe file that will run both the original .exe files.

and no i dont mean

run("1.exe")

run("2.exe"

i mean make 1.exe and 2.exe into say, 3.exe wich contains and executes the first two .exes.

I'm new to AutoIT, please help me where you can.[size=10]Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand[/size]

no actuly it dose work that way, google search "binder" and you will see theres lots of them out there, all i want to do, is compile two .exe files into a single .exe file that will run both the original .exe files.

and no i dont mean

run("1.exe")

run("2.exe"

i mean make 1.exe and 2.exe into say, 3.exe wich contains and executes the first two .exes.

Actually, what they mostly do is encase app1 in a loader that dumps app2 somewhere, executes it and then lets the original parts of app1 run.

The fact that that file may be renamed, OR that YOU don't see where they put app2 before they run it, doesn't alter things...

Though it is ofcourse POSSIBLE to just run both from memory. But it would take more effort than I or many others would care to put in...

/Manko

Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...