Horns of a dilemma

iagman

Horns of a dilemma. Also, the fangs of frustration, not to mention the claws of confusion.

I want to open the windows calculator from a button on my dialog box. I want the calculator to open positioned side-by-side with my dialog box. Both are the same pixel height and it looks cool when they are joined.

This is my code:

Case $msg = $WindowsCalculatorLaunchButton  ;Button: Launch Windows Calculator
            $CkCalcOpen = WinExists ( "Calculator")
            if $CkCalcOpen = 1 Then
            MsgBox(0, "Notice", "Calculator is already open")
        Else
        $cPOS = WinGetPos($StockCalcPos)   ;Get position of GUI
        Run ( "calc.exe", "",  @SW_HIDE)
        WinWait ( "[CLASS:SciCalc]", "")    
        WinMove ("[CLASS:SciCalc]", "", $cPOS[0] + $cPOS[2], $cPOS[1] )
    ;WinSetState ( "[CLASS:SciCalc]", "", @SW_SHOW )
        EndIf
;

The WinSetState line above is commented out. It doesn't seem to have any effect one way or another.

Apparently, the default location when the calculator opens is in the upper left side of screen. In the above code, I tried to have the calculator hidden when opened, then move it to my desired position before showing it. But, the code doesnt work that way. The calculator opens (not hidden) momentarily in the upper right corner of screen, then quickly snaps to my desired location. This looks rather amateurish.

I have tried various other commands and ways of arranging the code, but so far I cannot keep the calculator from first appearing in its default location even if it is just a fraction of a second. Thus my dilemma.

iagman

Ahhh.... Fast but not perfect...

FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "\Mover.au3")

$StockCalcPos = GUICreate("HOLD_ON", Default, Default, 100, 100)
GUISetState()

Mover("HOLD_ON")
Sleep(2000); give it a sec
Run("calc.exe")

Sleep(56000)

Func Mover($GUI)
    Local $file_loc = @ScriptDir & "\Mover.au3"
    $a = ""
    $a &= 'While 1' & @CRLF
    $a &= '$cPOS = WinGetPos("' & $GUI & '")   ;Get position of GUI ' & @CRLF
    $a &= 'If IsArray($cPOS) Then' & @CRLF
    $a &= '$Move = WinMove ("Calculator", "", $cPOS[0] + $cPOS[2], $cPOS[1] )' & @CRLF
    $a &= 'If $Move = 1 then exit' & @CRLF
    ;$a &= 'Sleep(1)' & @CRLF
    $a &= 'EndIf' & @CRLF
    $a &= 'WEnd' & @CRLF
    FileWrite($file_loc, $a)
    If @Compiled = 1 Then
        $file_exe = FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')
        Run($file_exe)
    Else
        $file_au3 = FileGetShortName($file_loc)
        Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3, "", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Mover

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Thanks for your code. That is what mine was doing; displaying the calculator in it's default location briefly, and then moving to the location determined by the code.

I was hoping there was a way to keep the calculator hidden until it was relocated. Then it would appear positioned properly.

Maybe a DLL finagle of some sort. Is DLL pronounced "dill" as in pickle?

iagman

Thanks for your code. That is what mine was doing; displaying the calculator in it's default location briefly, and then moving to the location determined by the code.

I was hoping there was a way to keep the calculator hidden until it was relocated. Then it would appear positioned properly.

Maybe a DLL finagle of some sort. Is DLL pronounced "dill" as in pickle?

iagman

I can't help with the calulator window, but I've always pronounced "dll" as de-el-el. Since I don't use the word in converstion it hasn't worried me wether I'm right or wrong, but since you asked I looked here.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.