Sign in to follow this  
AoRaToS

Fastest screenshot?GDI+?

computergroove

Hit the "print screen" button on the keyboard. Can you be more specific?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Richard Robertson

The fastest is a hardware solution between your graphics card and your monitor.

AoRaToS

Sorry for not being specific, what I want is to take a a screenshot every few ms without it being processor hungry, I tried a few things, reading all the pixels takes really long if the resolution is high, I found some GDI+ function that do it faster but the results are mixed, and the quality isn't really good :/

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.8.8 [30/09/2015]

Download Here

s!mpL3

ProgAndy

Did you look at the ScreenCapture-UDF? There is a func called _ScreenCapture_Capture

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Richard Robertson

GDI+ is relatively fast. I once had a real-time screen capture program written in C# that would copy the entire screen, and color it to monochrome. It had a good refresh rate. I didn't have any noticeable lag.

Richard Robertson

You'll want to compress the image before sending it. A bitmap of a highest color 32 bit per pixel 800x600 screen is 1.83 MB. That will take a little time to send over a network.