hotkey delay problem

hi, iv already asked about this before but still have the same problem.

iv been making scripts that run permanently in the background but iv found that they are interfering with my hotkeys (not autoit set keys, just normal windows hotkeys) if iv got a script running im often getting a delay when i press hot keys , iv distilled the problem down to the script below i compiled it and run it a few times (does happen if there is only 1 running but shows up more often if multiple autoit scripts are running)

whilst a few are running i then test my hot keys , in my case i use ctrl c for calculator and ctrl n for notepad. if i keep hitting the cycle { ^c ^n and then alt F4 alt F4 } most of the time they work fine but pretty soon i get a massive delay in one or the other loading and everything freezes up for between 2 to 10 seconds after which it loads whatever i was asking to load by hot key and the comp unfreezes.

now you might say well if you keep pressing hotkeys repetitively then you might get a problem eventually but this is just to demonstrate the problem, in normal usage im finding that when i have 2 or 3 scripts running in the background that something like 25% of the time when i hit a hot key to load something im getting this freezing occur. its not so frequent if there is only 1 script running but it still is darn irritating and the more scripts running the more frequently it happens.

Please give me a hand with this it's driving me mad !!

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 452, 193, 125)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 88, 24, 353, 369)
$but=GUICtrlCreateButton("ww",0,0)
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Edit1")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

and yes i have tested trying to reproduce this problem when no scripts are running and i absolutely can not it its defiantly only when autoit scripts are running.

Thx for any sugestions,

p.s. i would be very interested if any1 else can reproduce this problem.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

na i did think that but after testing for days i found that even the minimal script above causes it to, iv distilled the problem right down to the script i provided above , if you compile the script above and run it a few times then try hitting windows hot keys for a while it shows the problem.

and there certainly is not leak in that script ^_^

i just did another test with the script above, i run it 4 times hit ctrl n and first time i got the delay.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D