Sign in to follow this  
oMBRa

question on GDI+

oMBRa

I read on msdn this: ''Whenever you make calls to GDI+, you should do so by calling the methods and functions provided by the C++ wrappers'' But I saw that the included GDI+ UDFs (correct me if I'm wrong), call the flat API directly and microsoft dosnt provide support code for it, so where can I found documentations of the functions? or how to use GDI calling the methods and functions ?

monoceres

Yes the GDI+ UDF calls the flat api, not because it like it, because it have to. When it comes to documentation, yes, Microsoft doesn't provide code for the flat api, however if you know what you're doing the translation from the Object oriented code to the flat api isn't impossible, and in some cases not even annoying as hell. It's also easier when you have a copy of Gdiplus.h as it contains all the code you need.

Oh, and if you haven't found it already, here's the Flat api refecrene.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

ProgAndy

I also like this page for GDIPlus: http://www.com.it-berater.org/gdiplus/GdiPlus.htm Someone has documented the Flat-API a bit better.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes