Newbie needs help! Script paused by Website?

linc

Hope I didn't overlook anything in the FAQ's. Perhaps I did not search properly...

I'm trying to interact with a website that allows posting of free adds for sale. The example should run on any computer.

After click on the Browse Button, my script is paused.

CODE
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

$oIE = _IECreate("http://dallas.kijiji.com/c-PostAd?AddressCity=&AddressCounty=&AddressRegion=&AddressSelectedByUser=false&AddressStreet=&AddressZip=&CatId=100107&ChangeCategory=&ChangePhoto=&ContactInfo=&Description=&Email=&EpsErrorCode=&EventEndDay=26&EventEndHour=23&EventEndMinute=59&EventEndMonth=3&EventEndSecond=3&EventEndYear=2009&EventStartDay=26&EventStartHour=0&EventStartMinute=0&EventStartMonth=3&EventStartSecond=3&EventStartYear=2009&GetNeighborhood=&Guid=&JavascriptNotEnabled=false&Photo=&PreviewAd=&PreviewToEdit=&Price=&RequestRefererUrl=&SelectedLeafCat=SelectedLeafCat&ShowTerms=&Thumbnail=&Title=&TransDescription=&TransTitle=&action_cancel=&action_publish=")

$oField = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "u")

_IEAction($oField, "focus")

$hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")

ControlSend($hIE, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "Path_to_image_on_my_disk.img")

_IEAction($oField, "click")

;Website has my script paused and I don't want the user to have to select anything!

$oQuery = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "AddressZip")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "12345-1234")

User can do nothing, except interact with the "Choose file" pop up window. I would like to interact with the pop up programmatically.

Is there a way around this? Debug bar shows:

<INPUT type=file onchange=EPSObj.changed(1) size=55 value=Path_to_image_on_my_disk.img name=u>

It is usually easier to make something better, than to invent it.

Thank you for the fast response. I still seem to be hung up on the "Choose file" window. Was the filename and extension sent to the "Pick Box" of the "Choose file" window when you tested this? I just get the filename, without the extension, and a message that the file was not found.

Please advise.

Thanks again

Valuater,

I am using an absolute path and filename eg. c:\work\imagefiles\image001.jpg

I am not installing anything, just executing the au3 sript. "<alt>F5" from inside Scite

I am only testing this on my computer. IE 7 and Win xp pro

What am I missing?

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("http://dallas.kijiji.com/c-PostAd?AddressCity=&AddressCounty=&AddressRegion=&AddressSelectedByUser=false&AddressStreet=&AddressZip=&CatId=100107&ChangeCategory=&ChangePhoto=&ContactInfo=&Description=&Email=&EpsErrorCode=&EventEndDay=26&EventEndHour=23&EventEndMinute=59&EventEndMonth=3&EventEndSecond=3&EventEndYear=2009&EventStartDay=26&EventStartHour=0&EventStartMinute=0&EventStartMonth=3&EventStartSecond=3&EventStartYear=2009&GetNeighborhood=&Guid=&JavascriptNotEnabled=false&Photo=&PreviewAd=&PreviewToEdit=&Price=&RequestRefererUrl=&SelectedLeafCat=SelectedLeafCat&ShowTerms=&Thumbnail=&Title=&TransDescription=&TransTitle=&action_cancel=&action_publish=")
Sleep(1000)
ControlSend($hIE, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "C:\clwork\447668_files\image001.jpg")
Sleep(1000)
KillWindow("Choose file")
Sleep(1000)
Sleep(1000)
MsgBox(0,"","this is a test")

Func KillWindow($title)
    Local $Script = 'WinWait("' & $title & '", "")' & @CRLF & 'Send("{ENTER}")'
    Local $file_loc = @ScriptDir & "\Killer.au3"
    FileDelete($file_loc)
    FileWrite($file_loc, $Script)
    If @Compiled = 1 Then
        $file_exe = FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')
        Run($file_exe)
    Else
        $file_au3 = FileGetShortName($file_loc)
        Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3, "", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf

Hi again, The above is verbatim what i ran. I tried to get a screen shot of the results, but couldn't get it down to 64k in size.

The ControlSend appears to be working perfectly. It shows the full path and filename in the Input Field.

Regards,

linc

Here is a version that allows a variable to be passed. Note the use of "$cmdline[1]" in the Killer.au3 script. 8)

#include <IE.au3>
Global $photopath
$photopath = "Place fully qualified path to image file here"   ;eg. "C:\work\image_files\my_image.jpg

ControlSend($hIE, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", $photopath)

KillWindow("Choose file",$photopath)

Func KillWindow($title, $photopath)
    Local $Script = 'WinWait("' & $title & '", "")' & @CRLF & 'Send( $cmdline[1] & "{ENTER}")'
    Local $file_loc = @DesktopDir & "\Killer.au3"
    FileDelete($file_loc)
    FileWrite($file_loc, $Script )
    If @Compiled = 1 Then
        $file_exe = FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $file_loc & '"')
        Run($file_exe & " " & $photopath )
    Else
        $file_au3 = FileGetShortName($file_loc)
        Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3 & " " & $photopath )
    EndIf
EndFunc  ;==>KillWindow

Interesting, but, I can't see why you would use a command-line when you have the info to send as the sub-program is being written...???

8)

Because the Run command passes $photopath to the newly created script as a parameter, and it works.

8)

That's what I mean, It is interesting and can work... But, you are over-complicating the whole idea.

Why not just use....

Local $Script = 'WinWait("' & $title & '", "")' & @CRLF & 'Send("' & $photopath & '"{ENTER}")'

8)

Ah.. Yes.... $photopath is passed to the function that fires off the killer script, but the killer script knows nothing about the variable $photopath.

So.. the value of $photopath must be passed to the killer script, and the only way I saw to do so was using the default paramter array $cmdline[].

$cmdline[1] references the first parameter passed by the Run command. ie. $photopath.

Run(@AutoItExe & " " & $file_au3 & " " & $photopath ) ;fires off the killer script and passes $photopath's value in parameter 1

Please let me know if you can get it to work the other way.

8)

Edited by linc

That's what I mean, It is interesting and can work... But, you are over-complicating the whole idea.

Why not just use....

Local $Script = 'WinWait("' & $title & '", "")' & @CRLF & 'Send("' & $photopath & '"{ENTER}")'

8)

Newbie bows to Valuater's superior knowlege and experience 8)

Thanks again.

Hey linc you can shorten a variable length by using

$oIE = _IECreate("http://dallas.kijiji.com/c-PostAd?AddressCity"&@CRLF&_
"=&AddressCounty=&AddressRegion=&AddressSelectedByUser=false&AddressStreet&"&@CRLF&_
"=&AddressZip=&CatId=100107&ChangeCategory=&ChangePhoto=&ContactInfo="&@CRLF&_
"&Description=&Email=&EpsErrorCode=&EventEndDay=26&EventEndHour=23&EventEndMinute"&@CRLF&_
"=59&EventEndMonth=3&EventEndSecond=3&EventEndYear=2009&EventStartDay=26&EventStartHour"&@CRLF&_
"=0&EventStartMinute=0&EventStartMonth=3&EventStartSecond=3&EventStartYear=2009&GetNeighborhood"&@CRLF&_
"=&Guid=&JavascriptNotEnabled=false&Photo=&PreviewAd=&PreviewToEdit=&Price=&RequestRefererUrl"&@CRLF&_
"=&SelectedLeafCat=SelectedLeafCat&ShowTerms=&Thumbnail=&Title=&TransDescription=&TransTitle"&@CRLF&_
"=&action_cancel=&action_publish=")

I just think its easier to read ^_^

[Cheeky]Comment[/Cheeky]

• Developers

Hey linc you can shorten a variable length by using

$oIE = _IECreate("http://dallas.kijiji.com/c-PostAd?AddressCity"&@CRLF&_
"=&AddressCounty=&AddressRegion=&AddressSelectedByUser=false&AddressStreet&"&@CRLF&_
"&Description=&Email=&EpsErrorCode=&EventEndDay=26&EventEndHour=23&EventEndMinute"&@CRLF&_
"=59&EventEndMonth=3&EventEndSecond=3&EventEndYear=2009&EventStartDay=26&EventStartHour"&@CRLF&_
"=0&EventStartMinute=0&EventStartMonth=3&EventStartSecond=3&EventStartYear=2009&GetNeighborhood"&@CRLF&_
"=&Guid=&JavascriptNotEnabled=false&Photo=&PreviewAd=&PreviewToEdit=&Price=&RequestRefererUrl"&@CRLF&_
"=&SelectedLeafCat=SelectedLeafCat&ShowTerms=&Thumbnail=&Title=&TransDescription=&TransTitle"&@CRLF&_
"=&action_cancel=&action_publish=")

I just think its easier to read ^_^

You are sure this will work too? (including those carriage returns & Linefeeds)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

well this works just fine Jos ^_^

$oIE = "http://dallas.kijiji.com/c-PostAd?AddressCity"&@CRLF&_
"=&action_cancel=&action_publish="

edit: for a variable anyway

Edited by lordicast
[Cheeky]Comment[/Cheeky]

I believe Jos was saying that this pattern is correct for a $Variable without "@CRLF". That does not mean yours is wrong as a $Variable, it's just that a $URL should not have "@CRLF" in it.

$oIE = "http://dallas.kijiji.com/c-PostAd?AddressCity"& _
"=&AddressCounty=&AddressRegion=&AddressSelectedByUser=false&AddressStreet&"& _
"=&AddressZip=&CatId=100107&ChangeCategory=&ChangePhoto=&ContactInfo="& _
"&Description=&Email=&EpsErrorCode=&EventEndDay=26&EventEndHour=23&EventEndMinute"& _
"=59&EventEndMonth=3&EventEndSecond=3&EventEndYear=2009&EventStartDay=26&EventStartHour"& _
"=0&EventStartMinute=0&EventStartMonth=3&EventStartSecond=3&EventStartYear=2009&GetNeighborhood"& _
"=&Guid=&JavascriptNotEnabled=false&Photo=&PreviewAd=&PreviewToEdit=&Price=&RequestRefererUrl"& _
"=&SelectedLeafCat=SelectedLeafCat&ShowTerms=&Thumbnail=&Title=&TransDescription=&TransTitle"& _
"=&action_cancel=&action_publish="

8)

This is all very nice, but my more pressing questions are:

1. How does the process created by the "Run" Command know anything about the variable $photopath? and

2. Does a child script inherit the environment and variables from it's parent? and

3. How do I make the lines in a code section, in this forum, have the colors like SciTe shows while editing? and

4. Why did Valuater YELL at me, sob, I'm just trying to get a handle on this new ground. 8)

Thanks to all

Edited by linc

This is all very nice, but my more pressing questions are:

1. How does the process created by the "Run" Command know anything about the variable $photopath? and

2. Does a child script inherit the environment and variables from it's parent? and

3. How do I make the lines in a code section, in this forum, have the colors like SciTe shows while editing? and

4. Why did Valuater YELL at me, sob, I'm just trying to get a handle on this new ground. 8)

Thanks to all

1. Because it is local within the function

2. They are if you use the Global Line in front of the Variable ex;

Global $Help = 'You'

3. Using the [ then autoit then ] with out the Then's & [ then /autoit then] to close it, or simply click the drop down Insert Special Item from the reply menu and select Insert: Auto It and put your code in the box.

4.Valuater is pretty damn helpful buddy I wouldnt call him a SOB!

Edit: Spell Check

PS. Val & jos <- My bad i forgot i had been using @CRLF for somthing else ^_^

Edited by lordicast
[Cheeky]Comment[/Cheeky]

1. Because it is local within the function

2. They are if you use the Global Line in front of the Variable ex;

Global $Help = 'You'

3. Using the [ then autoit then ] with out the Then's & [ then /autoit then] to close it, or simply click the drop down Insert Special Item from the reply menu and select Insert: Auto It and put your code in the box.

4.Valuater is pretty damn helpful buddy I wouldnt call him a SOB!

Edit: Spell Check

PS. Val & jos <- My bad i forgot i had been using @CRLF for somthing else ^_^

Thanks to all for the help. This scripting language is somewhat addictive.

Funny! I was shedding a tear, not talking bad about Valuater's Mom. 8)