Call object from main.au3

Linda

Hi all, ;)

I am trying to understand how AutoIT really works. Is it possible to make part of the main GUI as multiple au3 files, like one for the toolbar,one for the statusbar,treeview etc instead of doing one single script with 10000 lines of code with 53624 cases for msgbox/GUI selections.

I guess yes,but then can anyone point me to a tutorial or a topic in the forum on how to do that.

Let say i build my main GUI window at mainwindow.au3

So then i would import all my UDF like

#include "myToolBar.au3"

and within this script

_createMyToolBar()

GuiSetState()

where createMyToolBar() is a function in myToolBar.au3

which starts with the include-once import.

But how do i make the GUICtrlCreateToolbar inside this script to points to THIS window(main) in the arguments and not a new parent GUI.

I dont get it. ^_^

thanks!

Edited by Linda

It will work just the way you have it. You just have to make sure that the GUI's and any controls on them are created globally so that you can reference them later. I often use the multi-script method for child GUIs.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Here is a quick example where the GUIs are created in the primary script but the controls (declared Globally) are in another file. This script has a total of 795 controls so I'm only showing a part of it.

#include "include/_ctrls.au3"
$Frm_Main = GuiCreate ($Ttl & ' ' & $Ver, $Gw, $Gh + 130)
GuiSetBkColor ($White)
$mHwd = WinGetHandle($Frm_Main)
If FileExists($Hlp) Then GUISetHelp ('hh.exe ' & $Hlp)
#include "include\_Ctrls.au3"
Create_Menu();;  This adds 154 controls for the menu

GUISetState ();;; **************  Must be at the end of the main form
;;
;;  I have a few more windows and controls being created in here
;;
;; Now we create another window that contains 6 tabs and too many controls to figure out.
$tW = _GUI_ChildSize($Frm_Main)+2
$ty = _GUI_ChildSize($Frm_Search, 1,_GUI_ChildSize($Frm_Top , 1))
$tH = _GUI_ChildSize($Frm_Main, 1) - ($ty + _GUI_ChildSize($Frm_Btns , 1))
$Frm_Tabs = GuiCreate ("Tabs Window", $tw, $th+3, 0, $ty, $WS_CHILD, -1, $Frm_Main)
GUISetBkColor($Bk_Grnd_Clr)
Global $Tab_1 = GuiCtrlCreateTab (0, 0, $tw, $tH+3, 0x0010 + 0x0200)
For $I = 0 To 6
   Create_Tabs($I);; This function knows what controls to create on which tabs according to $i
Next
$End = GUICtrlCreateDummy ();; The dummy is a control used as a marker, NOT the author
GUISetState()
Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Hi George,

Kind of you to replay and include a code sample (good comments in it =))..and it make sense to me.

However, i still have problem understanding how i can apply a toolbar from the helpfiles to my mainwindow.

Lets say i have built a script like this that i want to be my main window (a GUI with a statusbar with some mysql records):

#include <array.au3>
#include "mysql.au3"
#include "mytoolbar.au3"
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <guiconstants.au3>
#include <constants.au3>

;Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

;$Debug_SB = False; Check ClassName being passed to functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

_MySQL_InitLibrary()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, '', "")
MsgBox(0, "DLL Version:",_MySQL_Get_Client_Version()&@CRLF& _MySQL_Get_Client_Info())

$MysqlConn = _MySQL_Init()

$connected = _MySQL_Real_Connect($MysqlConn, "localhost", "root", "", "exampledb")
If $connected = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, 'Connection Error', _MySQL_Error($MysqlConn))

$query = "SELECT * FROM lag1"
_MySQL_Real_Query($MysqlConn, $query)

;------------------------------------------------------

;------------------------------------------------------

$res = _MySQL_Store_Result($MysqlConn)

$fields = _MySQL_Num_Fields($res)

$rows = _MySQL_Num_Rows($res)

$array = _MySQL_Fetch_Result_StringArray($res)

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

$Debug_SB = False; Check ClassName being passed to functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

Global $iMemo

Local $hGUI, $hIcons[2], $hStatus
    Local $aParts[4] = [75, 150, 300, 400]

; Create GUI
    $hGUI = GUICreate("MainWindow", 400, 300)
    $hStatus = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create ($hGUI)

; Create memo control
    $iMemo = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 2, 2, 396, 274, $WS_VSCROLL)
    GUICtrlSetFont($iMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New")
    GUISetState()

; Set parts
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetParts ($hStatus, $aParts)
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText ($hStatus, $array[2][0])
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText ($hStatus, "Part 2", 1)

; Set icons
    $hIcons[0] = _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon (23)
    $hIcons[1] = _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon (40)
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon ($hStatus, 0, $hIcons[0])
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon ($hStatus, 1, $hIcons[1])

Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
; Free icons
    _WinAPI_DestroyIcon ($hIcons[0])
    _WinAPI_DestroyIcon ($hIcons[1])
    GUIDelete()

;MsgBox(0, '', "this is the result:" & $array[2][0])

;_ArrayDisplay($array)

;MsgBox(0, "", $rows & "-" & $fields)
;MsgBox(0, '', "Found " & $users & " user(s) with this yam and PW")

;~; Abfrage freigeben
_MySQL_Free_Result($res)

;~; Verbindung beenden
_MySQL_Close($MysqlConn)
;~; MYSQL beenden
_MySQL_EndLibrary()

Now, in the helpfiles there is a script i named mytoolbar. I would like to add this toolbar object to my mainwindow.

#include-once
#include <GuiToolbar.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

$Debug_TB = False; Check ClassName being passed to functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

Global $hToolbar, $iMemo
Global $iItem; Command identifier of the button associated with the notification.
Global Enum $idNew = 1000, $idOpen, $idSave, $idHelp

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Global $hGUI, $aSize

; Create GUI
    $hGUI = GUICreate("Toolbar", 600, 400)
    $hToolbar = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create ($hGUI)
    $aSize = _GUICtrlToolbar_GetMaxSize ($hToolbar)

$iMemo = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 2, $aSize[1] + 20, 596, 396 - ($aSize[1] + 20), $WS_VSCROLL)
    GUICtrlSetFont($iMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New")
    GUISetState()
    GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")

; Add standard system bitmaps
    _GUICtrlToolbar_AddBitmap ($hToolbar, 1, -1, $IDB_STD_LARGE_COLOR)

; Add buttons
    _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton ($hToolbar, $idNew, $STD_FILENEW)
    _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton ($hToolbar, $idOpen, $STD_FILEOPEN)
    _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton ($hToolbar, $idSave, $STD_FILESAVE)
    _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButtonSep ($hToolbar)
    _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton ($hToolbar, $idHelp, $STD_HELP)

; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

EndFunc ;==>_Main

; Write message to memo
Func MemoWrite($sMessage = "")
    GUICtrlSetData($iMemo, $sMessage & @CRLF, 1)
EndFunc ;==>MemoWrite

; WM_NOTIFY event handler
Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam
    Local $tNMHDR, $event, $hwndFrom, $code, $i_idNew, $dwFlags, $lResult, $idFrom, $i_idOld
    Local $tNMTOOLBAR, $tNMTBHOTITEM
    $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam)
    $hwndFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")
    $idFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom")
    $code = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
    Switch $hwndFrom
        Case $hToolbar
            Switch $code
                Case $NM_LDOWN
            ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    MemoWrite("$NM_LDOWN: Clicked Item: " & $iItem & " at index: " & _GUICtrlToolbar_CommandToIndex ($hToolbar, $iItem))
            ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Case $TBN_HOTITEMCHANGE
                    $tNMTBHOTITEM = DllStructCreate($tagNMTBHOTITEM, $lParam)
                    $i_idOld = DllStructGetData($tNMTBHOTITEM, "idOld")
                    $i_idNew = DllStructGetData($tNMTBHOTITEM, "idNew")
                    $iItem = $i_idNew
                    $dwFlags = DllStructGetData($tNMTBHOTITEM, "dwFlags")
                    If BitAND($dwFlags, $HICF_LEAVING) = $HICF_LEAVING Then
                        MemoWrite("$HICF_LEAVING: " & $i_idOld)
                    Else
                        Switch $i_idNew
                            Case $idNew
                                MemoWrite("$TBN_HOTITEMCHANGE: $idNew")
                            Case $idOpen
                                MemoWrite("$TBN_HOTITEMCHANGE: $idOpen")
                            Case $idSave
                                MemoWrite("$TBN_HOTITEMCHANGE: $idSave")
                            Case $idHelp
                                MemoWrite("$TBN_HOTITEMCHANGE: $idHelp")
                        EndSwitch
                    EndIf
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc ;==>_WM_NOTIFY

this part is what i dont understand

$hGUI = GUICreate("Toolbar", 600, 400)

$hToolbar = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create ($hGUI)

That will create a new hGUI and the toolbar is not included into my mainwindow.

BrettF ^_^

Edited by Linda

Unless you need a separate Window for the Toolbar that you can Show/Hide as reguired then you don't meed the second GUI at all. Just eliminate the second GUI and create the Toolbar in the first one. If You want it as a separate window then you will have to rename the second $hGUI ($hGUI2 would be fine) and create it as a child of the first as I showed in my example.

If you still don't understand then I'm sure one of us will work something out based on your code. It 04:20 here and I'm not about to sit and write a GUI this instant.

George

George,

I got it now and it works great.

I will go for using one GUI in one script and then just like you did create "external" controls in other scripts.

Thanks for taking your time to write it down, even if it is 04:20 ;)^_^

Have a nice day!....and never stop visiting this forum :(

/Linda

Unless you need a separate Window for the Toolbar that you can Show/Hide as reguired then you don't meed the second GUI at all. Just eliminate the second GUI and create the Toolbar in the first one. If You want it as a separate window then you will have to rename the second $hGUI ($hGUI2 would be fine) and create it as a child of the first as I showed in my example.

If you still don't understand then I'm sure one of us will work something out based on your code. It 04:20 here and I'm not about to sit and write a GUI this instant.

Edited by Linda

Glad to hear it. Didn't much feel like doing GUI stuff right now anyway. ^_^

George