• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it's also written there.

Windows XP returns the version number 5,

Windows Vista returns the version number 6

and Windows 7 returns also 6 - instead of 7.

That's why AutoIt doesn't see the difference between Vista and Win7.

The only difference is that the minor version of Vista is 6.0 and Win7's one is 6.1.

[font="Courier New"]http://RomanK.hondadesigns.com[/font]

Yes, it's also written there.

Windows XP returns the version number 5,

Windows Vista returns the version number 6

and Windows 7 returns also 6 - instead of 7.

That's why AutoIt doesn't see the difference between Vista and Win7.

The only difference is that the minor version of Vista is 6.0 and Win7's one is 6.1.

*sigh*

Win2000 and WinXp also share the same Major Version numbers so your argument is flawed.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

*sigh*

Win2000 and WinXp also share the same Major Version numbers so your argument is flawed.

Don't forget Windows Server 2003 :)

HERE is the list on wikipedia.

AutoIt Beta 3.3.1.0 adds WIN_7 to the list of @OSVersion's. If using the release version, it will return WIN_VISTA as mentioned. As a way around, you could use the GetVersionEx function as mentioned also, and check for > major version 6.

AutoIt Beta 3.3.1.0 adds WIN_7 to the list of @OSVersion's. If using the release version, it will return WIN_VISTA as mentioned. As a way around, you could use the GetVersionEx function as mentioned also, and check for > major version 6.

If there's not an easy to use built-in I usually call GetVersionEx and multiply the major version by 10 and add the minor version. So XP you'd get 51, Vista 60 etc. Just makes it easy to use integers.

• 2 weeks later...

As I look at it, the scheme I used with GetVersion isn't so good. Do you have an example of GetVersion or GetVersionEx? I don't know if MSDN is using Bing but every search I do there seems to land on the same page. I've been trying to find an online WinAPI ref. but everyplace just refers to MSDN. Circular arguments all around! :D

There seems to be a whole bunch of masking and dividing with GetVersionEx which would be ok if it was in C or something I'm more used to. Most stuff I find is in VB and it's been awhile.

I don't normally dig on additional shell enhancements, but I figured I would give this one a shot.

I can't believe MS did not already apply/allow Glass for the cmd prompt.

This just made my all time #1, if only because Winroll does not work on 64bit, much less 64bit Win7 which I am on.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I've been looking for something like this for a LONG time (since vista came out) and just found this script in google, thanks a lot! I changed the script to work with powershell as well, maybe you could officially update the script to do the same? (maybe an option somewhere like when you right click the tray icon that lets you check/uncheck powershell and cmd?) I'm going to mess with this a lot, I'd also like to see the 'glowing' text added, because it's kind of hard to read, even with bolded fonts in the current setup.

I spend a lot of time in powershell and this is totally worthwhile for me, thanks again.

I can. Why apply an visual effect to something that you need to run quickly and with as little hassle as possible?

Since the entire window rendering process already goes through dwm it wouldn't actually be lower speed at all. Me guess is that it's the same reason windows haven't improved notepad and calculator in the latest 10 years.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I'm going to mess with this a lot, I'd also like to see the 'glowing' text added, because it's kind of hard to read, even with bolded fonts in the current setup.

Good luck with that. It's a fair bit of work.

Since the entire window rendering process already goes through dwm it wouldn't actually be lower speed at all. Me guess is that it's the same reason windows haven't improved notepad and calculator in the latest 10 years.

My thoughts exactly.

Yea I found some info on glowing text, it seems you have to have access to cmd/powershell source and add it there, i.e. it's not something you can add on like an aero background. Oh well, I found that if you mess with the color intensity of aero you can get a readable shell.

Yea I found some info on glowing text, it seems you have to have access to cmd/powershell source and add it there, i.e. it's not something you can add on like an aero background. Oh well, I found that if you mess with the color intensity of aero you can get a readable shell.

What is your obsession with PowerShell?

It is possible to add it, but it will take a lot of time.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

this tool looks great, i do miss a "feature" tbh..

can we have a small-part in configurable menu with shells or tools so you can add this effect to for instance

the cygwin bash.exe putty.exe and all other text /based console oriented things?

this would make it PWN!

SSH