Finding a tray icon

A few times I've needed to find an icon in the Tray and give it commands.

For example I need to find the TightVNC icon and use the Right Click menu to; add new clients, kill clients, enable and disable clients. No luck searching the forums on the keyword "tray." Anyone have suggestions?

well the latest beta supports creating tray functions, but i don't think they allow access to other progams tray settings. Maybe in the future.

Maybe there's a way to access the hidden windows menu options?

Or you could pixel search the tray for a certain color of the icon you need and then use the mouse functions to access the tray menu.

AutoIt3 online docs Use it... Know it... Live it...MSDN libraryglobal Help and SupportWindows: Just another pane in the glass.

You can probably do it using com from the latest beta

edit: spelling error

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Info should apply to both TightVNC and WinVNC

#cs - WinVNC command-line options from http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/winvnc.html

-run              Causes WinVNC to run normally & ignore rest of command-line.

-install          Installs the WinVNC service and continues reading the command-line.

-remove            Removes the WinVNC service and continues reading the command-line.

-settings          Tells a running copy of WinVNC to show the User Properties box.

-defaultsettings  Tells a running copy of WinVNC to show the Default Properties box.

-connect host      Tells a running copy of WinVNC to initiate an outgoing connection to a listening viewer running on the specified machine. This is the equivalent of the 'Add New Client' menu option. You can put multiple -connect options on one command line to connect to multiple viewers at once.

-kill              Kills a running copy of WinVNC.

-about            Tells a running copy of WinVNC to show its About box.

#ce

Other info that might help:

; Delete the password registry key to ensure that the "WinVNC: Current User Properties" window

; appears when you launch 'winvnc'

RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3", "Password")

Once the Current User Properties window appears, if you click the Apply button BUT DO NOT CLICK OKAY, you can WinHide("WinVNC") and can create your own custom tray icon using the latest AutoIt beta.

You can even query the status of the VNC connection and change the color of your AutoIt tray icon to simulate VNC's icon when a connection is active... Requires free util Tcpvcon

Func AdlibFuncToCheckVNCStatus()
    If StdoutRead( Run("C:\tcpvcon.exe winvnc", "", @SW_HIDE) ) Then
        TraySetIcon("C:\WinVNC.exe", 1);ESTABLISHED  (grab icon from VNC exe)
        Return 1
    Else
        TraySetIcon("C:\WinVNC.exe", 0);not connected
      ;re-establish connection if it's dropped (due to changing of screen resolution or whatever)
        Run($VNC_EXE & " -connect " & $IP_ofHostRunningVNCViewer)
    EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

You can probably do it using com from the latest beta

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How, please explain I am very interested though a little wet behind the ears.....oh, well, um ok then very wet behind the ears. (de nooberize me captain!)

:D:)

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT