Latest Beta

Jon

I found the bug in the array recognition / redim section. Fixing it now. It still appears to work with string/numbers.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Can someone check this code to make sure its not just me. The following code runs fine on the production version but returns hex in the latest beta.

#Include<Inet.au3>
$LatestVer = _INetGetSource("http://lyrictoy.googlecode.com/files/update.txt")
MsgBox(0, "", $LatestVer)
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Oops. _InetGetSource() is just a wrapper around InetRead() which returns a binary string.

Another potential issue with the new inetgetsource is that it appears to use the cache and not force a new download. I don't remember having this issue with the old version but it could just be me.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Another potential issue with the new inetgetsource is that it appears to use the cache and not force a new download. I don't remember having this issue with the old version but it could just be me.

I can't seem to replicate the bug so I think it was just a fluke. I'll let you guys know if it comes up again.

I can't seem to replicate the bug so I think it was just a fluke. I'll let you guys know if it comes up again.

I was using InetGetSource a _lot_ and had to put it inside a retry loop to fetch data on a specific site.

It stopped working entirely on that site with 3.3.1.3 then from then I switched to StringToBinary(InetRead()). It now works about 3 times _faster_ and probably would work without the retry loop for this particular site.

I'm not going to WireShark the thing to try to understand why, as I really don't care. I know the service (this site merely is a query interface to some database) is pathalogically slow and, due to this, it shows that InetRead is far superior to the previous InetGetSource.

My life is just easier with InetRead.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

//Edit: wraithdu, why did you post a sec before me :)

Just as a notice: You can't ReDim Static variables (i don't mind, i even don't know when i should use static :) )

;#BETA
Static $test[1]
ReDim $test[3]

ReDim would be trying to reset the Static variable to local, so that should fail. To resize a static array, use the Static keyword. I will add more about the use of Static when I submit the doc update. There is a bug in Static recognizing a static array. I am in the middle of fixing it.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

I'm pretty sure the call to InetRead() is using the "no cache" flag but if not I'll make sure it's set.

It stopped working entirely on that site with 3.3.1.3 then from then I switched to StringToBinary(InetRead()).

You don't need the call to StringToBinary(), InetRead() returns binary data by default. Unless you meant BinaryToString(InetRead()).

Unless you meant BinaryToString(InetRead()).

Sorry for that. You win again ;-)

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Can any dev check what is wrong with DllCall() when the return value is int64? I think that on function return AutoIt swaps the high and low dwords but I can't confirm it's the issue yet to post a bug track. Please refer to this topic. My last post contains the function definition from the dll and how it gets called by AI code.

Hm. I added a new parameter so you could pass InetRead() flags directly but I guess I'll just emulate the old behavior although people should really upgrade their scripts to use InetRead() directly.

Fixed: Regression in _InetGetSource(). Also includes a new parameter to control how the data is returned.
Edited by Valik

• 2 weeks later...

AutoIt v3.3.1.5 (Beta) Released:

AutoIt:

- Added #1056: New Inet option to by-pass forcing the connection online.

- Fixed #1248: Regression in IsHWND() that caused it to erroneously return true in some cases.

- Fixed #1234: COM methods that modified boolean arguments could change them to ints.

- Fixed #1066: FileOpen() with mode 1 now allows text to be overwrriten if the write pointer is repositioned.

- Fixed #1258: System menu could display when trying to dismiss a control menu.

- Changed: InputBox() no longer requires passing both x and y or w and h.

UDFs:

- Added #1228: _FTP_SetStatusCallback(), _FTP_DecodeInternetStatus() in FTPEx.au3. (Thanks Beege)

- Fixed: Regression in _InetGetSource(). Also includes a new parameter to control how the data is returned.

- Fixed #1247: Documented that some _GUICtrlComboBoxEx_* functions don't work with certain ComboBox styles.

- Fixed #1260: Potential buffer overflow in _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage().

Au3Check:

- Fixed #1239: Incorrect library search order.

The following changes are script breaking changes:

Some of the following features are deprecated. Deprecated features are no longer documented but continue to work. Deprecated features will be removed after version 3.3.2.0. It is strongly recommended that scripts relying on deprecated features be updated to work with the new behavior. Some features have already been removed and will be noted as such.

AutoIt:

• ShellExecute() and ShellExecuteWait() no longer use the "open" verb by default. See the remarks section for those functions for more details.
  • The return value of InetGet() has changed. It is important to read and understand the changes because it is possible to leak resources if InetGet() is used incorrectly.
  • InetGet("abort"),@InetGetActive and @InetGetBytesRead are now deprecated. The following list shows the new functions used to access the old behavior:
    • InetGet("abort") - Calling the new InetClose() function with a handle returned from InetGet() will abort a download.
    • @InetGetActive - Calling the new InetGetInfo() function with no parameters returns a count of active downloads.
    • @InetGetBytesRead - Calling the new InetGetInfo() function with a handle returned from InetGet()will return the bytes read (and more) for a download.
  • The FtpBinaryMode option set with AutoItSetOption() has been removed. Now InetGet() takes a flag to specify the transfer mode.
  • The URLDownloadToFile() alias for InetGet() has been removed.
  • AdlibEnable() and AdlibDisable() are deprecated. See the new functions AdlibRegister() and AdlibUnRegister().
  • OnAutoItStart() is deprecated. See the new pre-processor statement #OnAutoItStartRegister.
  • OnAutoItExit() is deprecated. See the new functions OnAutoItExitRegister() and OnAutoItExitUnregister().
  • The AutoItSetOption() option OnExitFunc has been removed. See the new functions OnAutoItExitRegister() and OnAutoItExitUnregister().
  • GUICreate() with $WS_EX_MDICHILD has been fixed to be relative to client area as documented.
  • ProcessWait() now returns a PID instead of 1 on success.
  • WinWait(), WinWaitActive(), WinActivate(), WinActive() and WinMove() now return an HWND instead of 1 on succes.
  • The macro@YDAY now uses the range 001 - 366 instead of 1 - 366. This makes the macro more consistent with other languages (like C/C++) and more consistent with all other date related macros which return strings with leading 0s to pad the length.
  • RegEnumKey() and RegEnumVal() now return an empty string instead of an error message.

UDFs:

• The last optional parameter for _StringBetween() has been removed.
  • _StringAddThousandsSep() has been removed. There are too many opinions on what this function should do and too many revisions of this function have been made.
  • _SQLite_SaveMode() has been renamed to _SQLite_SafeMode().

Please test regular expressions extensively with this release.

This release is not digitally signed.

Discuss the beta here.

Report issues here.

Download here.

Edited by Valik

Whats changed in the SRE that needs testing? In other words, what should I be looking for?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Added ticket #1283:

When run from the command line (or from AutoIt3Wrapper) on an x64 system, aut2exe_x64.exe ignores the /pack parameter when compiling an x86 executable and does not run UPX. Running aut2exe_x64.exe normally (GUI mode) allows UPX packing when compiling as x86.

aut2exe_x64.exe /in script.au3 /comp 4 /pack
Edited by wraithdu

• Moderators

Nutster,

Static is still not resizing arrays: :)

>Running:(3.3.1.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\Examples\Helpfile\Static.au3"    
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\Examples\Helpfile\Static.au3 (37) : ==> Cannot make existing variables static.:
Static $Values[$State + 1]
Static ^ ERROR
->12:23:13 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area