Writing to WAR memory

Greetings gents!

#include <NomadMemory.au3>

$pointer = 0x5D883734 ;Warhammer's Armour
$offset = 0x00000218

Global $mainwindow = "Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, Copyright 2001-2009 Electronic Arts, Inc."
If WinExists($mainwindow) Then
    $pid = WinGetProcess("Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, Copyright 2001-2009 Electronic Arts, Inc.")
    ;ToolTip("pid is " & $pid) ;debugging
    Sleep(1000)
    $handle = _Memoryopen($pid)
    $armour = _Memoryread($pointer, $handle)
    Sleep(100)
EndIf
While 1
    $armour = _Memoryread($pointer, $handle)
    If $armour > 0 Then
        ToolTip("Armour value = " & $armour) ;debugging
    Else
        tooltip("Couldn't find armour value")
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

...this is what I have thus far. Ok, great, it works. So my next step is to use nomad's _memorywrite() to change the armour value to whatever my heart desires. Now I havn't wrapped my head around the concept completely, but can it really be this easy? Or are these values stored server side and my attempt at such a thing be silly... or am I missing something completely. (at work right now so unable to test)

Thanks broskies.

Yep, important values are also stored server-side, your game will be desynchronized and the server will detect it. Maybe kick/ban you.

Whatever happens, this isn't a viable cheat. You should have more fun with single-player games !! Easier to cheat in those and noone complains :D

Edited by Inverted

Yep, important values are also stored server-side, your game will be desynchronized and the server will detect it. Maybe kick/ban you.

Whatever happens, this isn't a viable cheat. You should have more fun with single-player games !! Easier to cheat in those and noone complains :D

Lol, makes sense. It was too simple to be viable. ;)

I plan on automating some combat via the combat log none the less based on class/player skills. Any recommendations on obtaining hex values for something like a chat window off hand?

And to steer myself away from code injection, my next task will be locating x y's of targets to be able to track them without Line of Sight, or when a class stealths... or am I pre-maturely signing up for the "ban-hammer" here too and not even knowing it? :D

A little search reveals that they're using Punkbuster.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warheral...icle.war?id=153

So, writing to the game's code will be detected. Reading should be safe, but it's hard to know what they've blacklisted and what not.

Best gamehacking tool is Cheat Engine, you can find interesting stuff with its search engine. Don't know if punkbuster will detect it. Try running Cheat Engine and putting it in stealth mode (usermode)

Better not try to attach to the game !

Roger that. I'll stick to reading from memory.

Yup, CE is how I found the armour value for the above code. Delved into autoit a few days ago when I wanted to keep getting renown in WAR while I'm at work... now I can't get enough. <mutters>

Heres a afk bot I wrote. Someone who plays WAR might find it usefull. I'll be doing more memory based stuff as I learn.

This is probably the best code you will ever see, and their is -no- way that it can be improved upon. </sarcasm>

zonehopper.au3.au3