Click a link in the next window

Hi Guys,

I somehow managed to login to my company citrix page using _IE commands. But now once I login, I get a new page and I have to click an icon to launch the desktop. I am not sure how to do this. Any code snippet would be of great help

Thanks

/M

Hi,

Any help on this?

I am unable to find any info on this( is there any documentation on this apart from product doc?).

The problem I am facing is how to get control on the new page from the same script

Thanks,

I get a new page and I have to click an icon to launch the desktop. I am not sure how to do this. Any code snippet would be of great help

if i understand correct you need _IEAttach() so that you can operate with _IE* commands on new opened IE window?

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

• Developers

Wild guess: Doesn't Citrix start a Citrixclient (ActiveX) when you have logged in and the applications are going to be shown?

Check with au3info what the specs of this button are you want to press.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

if i understand correct you need _IEAttach() so that you can operate with _IE* commands on new opened IE window?

Hi bogQ,

Is this how I should use attach?

$oIE = _IEAttach($s_string, $s_mode = "http://www.something.com")

_IELoadWait ($oIE)

And the debugbar is not populating anything under forms for the new page. So how to activate click on an item? The item has a valid href though.

Thanks

Hi bogQ,

Is this how I should use attach?

i hope that this is what your after for

example for you to test on it

;pls close any ie windows before testing this script
#include <IE.au3> 
_IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")
;so now you created random page, lets say that you cant preform any actions becose you didnt do $varname = _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com"), you did only  _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")  and didnt inclyde $varname = 
;now we will attach to that page and try to navigate it to google page to see if attach worked
$oIE = _IEAttach ("http://www.autoitscript.com/","URL")
;we will try attaching using url of that page
_IENavigate($oIE,"www.google.com")
;and reditect it to the google
Sleep(5000)
_IEQuit ($oIE)
;and exit so that we can try other way :) 

_IECreate ("www.google.com")
;lets try to attach it using window title, let us now create google page
$oIE1 = _IEAttach ("Google - Windows Internet Explorer","WindowTitle")
;we will try attaching using name ot that window (name of that page)
_IENavigate($oIE1,"http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97791",0)
;and reditect it to the forum, notice the ,0), it will not wait for page to load complitley
MsgBox(0,"","btw welcome to the AutoIt forums :) ",7)
;~ _IEQuit ($oIE1)
;and exit

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

i hope that this is what your after for

example for you to test on it

;pls close any ie windows before testing this script
#include <IE.au3> 
_IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")
;so now you created random page, lets say that you cant preform any actions becose you didnt do $varname = _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com"), you did only  _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")  and didnt inclyde $varname = 
;now we will attach to that page and try to navigate it to google page to see if attach worked
$oIE = _IEAttach ("http://www.autoitscript.com/","URL")
;we will try attaching using url of that page
_IENavigate($oIE,"www.google.com")
;and reditect it to the google
Sleep(5000)
_IEQuit ($oIE)
;and exit so that we can try other way :) 

_IECreate ("www.google.com")
;lets try to attach it using window title, let us now create google page
$oIE1 = _IEAttach ("Google - Windows Internet Explorer","WindowTitle")
;we will try attaching using name ot that window (name of that page)
_IENavigate($oIE1,"http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97791",0)
;and reditect it to the forum, notice the ,0), it will not wait for page to load complitley
MsgBox(0,"","btw welcome to the AutoIt forums :) ",7)
;~ _IEQuit ($oIE1)
;and exit
Thanks for the script. Actually I meant to say new page in the same window. Just like when you login to live.com you get a new page and say you want to click any icon say inbox in the new page. How to do this? Another problem in my case is new page has nothing populated under the 'forms' by debugbar, all i see is link entry for that icon. How to activate click on this icon?

Thanks for the script. Actually I meant to say new page in the same window. Just like when you login to live.com you get a new page and say you want to click any icon say inbox in the new page. How to do this? Another problem in my case is new page has nothing populated under the 'forms' by debugbar, all i see is link entry for that icon. How to activate click on this icon?

Can someone pls help. I am new to autoit as it is and to work with external IE class making me delirious :-)

All I need now is login to citrix page(which I have already done), and then click the desktop item (there is no entry showing up for this item under forms). So not sure how to send a click

Thanks

Are you wanting to interact with a desktop inside of Citrix? You'll need to run AutoIt on the OS inside the Citrix window. Your native desktop sees the Citrix window as essentailly a bitmap.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Are you wanting to interact with a desktop inside of Citrix? You'll need to run AutoIt on the OS inside the Citrix window. Your native desktop sees the Citrix window as essentailly a bitmap.

Dale

Dale,

The login page has a an icon with href which launches the desktop. Is there anyway to automate that click?

Thanks

Yes. You can try _IEFormImageClick or get all the objects , identify the desired one and do a _IEAction "click" on it.

Check out the help file. A lot of examples are available. You can post the source page so we can have a look.