A3 Mouse Odometre!

buzz44

Thats right!

It has been a long time coming... but now it is finally here.

Introducing the A3 Mouse Odometre.

Ever wondering how far your mouse actually travels? Well now you can.

Posted Image (Active)

> Neat GUI.

> High-tech Advanced Transparency and window sliding.

> Comes with 6 Landmarks to conquer.

> Selectable Measurement formats.

> Custom window placing and transparency settings.

> Comes to life if the window is active! (See above and below)

Posted Image (In-Active)

-------

NOTE:

-------

This is meant as a "long-term" program to monitor your mouse' progress over a period of time, hence it being set to boot on start-up.

This was originally created for Windows XP and I am unsure of what will happen to the appearance of the A3 Mouse Odometre on other OS's.

The EXE of A3 Mouse Odometre will copy itself to @ProgramFilesDir & "\A3 Mouse Odometre\A3 Mouse Odometre.exe" and is set to boot on start-up. The AU3 file does not copy itself anywhere and is not set to boot on start-up.

The files "Xfiles.mid" and "close.bmp" are copied to @SystemDir... eg "C:\Windows\System32\"

All values are stored in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Burrup\MouseOdometre"

And no cheating!

Edit:

Due to the vast range of OS's and people's custom Start-Bar sizes etc, now included is a "Settings Window" which will turn on or off the landmark notifications and set the transparency... To access this feature hold "Ctrl+Alt+Z" and a window will appear where you can enter your settings. Default vales are Transparency: 80 and Landmark Notification: Off

Posted Image

To hide A3 Mouse Odometre hold "Ctrl+Alt+H"

To show A3 Mouse Odometre hold "Ctrl+Alt+S"

To show A3 Mouse Odometre Settings hold "Ctrl+Alt+Z"

Don't enter your co-ordinates in manually any more! Now with a new feature, simply click and drag to your desired location, as shown below.

Posted Image (Go Paint!)

When your mouse nears the corner of the screen...it flips! Funky!

Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if you have any *special* land mark request's give me a buzz... eg. If you want to see how how many times your mouse can walk the perimetre of your apartment block, I dont know! Anything like that, just tell me.

If you want to know anything in particular about the soure code, or if you cant find something (as its over 1700 lines long!) just speak and I will point you in the right direction.

Enjoy!

Open to criticism/suggestions/bugs...

Yes... this is the ORIGINAL Mouse Odometre =)

NEW VERSION: SEE BELOW

Be sure to keep re-visting to be up to date with the latest version :)

Last Update: Saturday, 16th April, 2005

A3_Mouse_Odometre.zip

Edited by Burrup

qq

could you please make it so i can move it because my taskbar is double the normal size. I have an adress bar on it.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

yeah, thats one problem of it, the start bar overrides the on-top flag =(

ill change it just for you and PM u the modified version... are you using windows XP and is the start bar EXACTLY Twice the Size?

Edit: Use AI Window spy if u can to get the exact width of the task/start bar .. mine is 30 and that is what A3 Mouse Odometre is currently set at

edit2: and thanks! you were the person i got the idea from for the window transparency and for the window sliding =)

edit3: please dont download the above file =)... i am currently making a quick GUI window where you will be able to set the y-coord of the whole thing

Edited by burrup

qq

its not exactly double its 52

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

I despise how it starts transparently!

It's _very_ cool though, I wouldn't mind running this at all. Would you consider making it minimizable? Or am I just missing something? :)

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Since my monitor at work is 19" with resolution 1280x1024 and my monitor at home 19" with resolution 1600x1200, how do you adapt the changes to actual feet.. The monitor sizes are the same but the resolution at home is 125% the other. Do they travel at different speeds?

Props on the program -- it's super fun.

Try to make the "Set Coordiante" (you mispelled it) also adjust an X value so I can put it in the top right of my screen.

Also, what's the value for full opacity?

Does anybody else notice how the amount this script thinks the mouse has moved depends on how fast you move it? if i move my mouse quickly it can get accross from one side to the other of the screen in about 3 centimeters, but slowly it seems to think its about 4 meters...

perhaps you need to add a bit somewhere that actually measures the distance moved rather than simply whether it has moved.... In the _Mousepos function add a line or 2 to find out how far the mouse has moved and send this as a parameter to the _Set function. I think that should work.

Microsoft AntiSpyware has detected a program trying to add itself to your startup registry. Startup programs are loaded automatically when Windows boots up.

Name: a3 mouse odometre.exe

Description: A3 Mouse Odometre

Publisher: Unavailable

Path: f:\program files\a3 mouse odometre\a3 mouse odometre.exe

Seriously, I do not want to a) dig through your code and b ) have your program on my startup. You can't make that a default without even telling people...I just wanted to see what it looks like.

Edited by Alterego

@Alterego: He did tell everyone it starts up -- its in his description and the code is legit.

Strange that it doesn't track accurately.. after 5ms, it really doesn't matter how fast the mouse has moved because the script should still track it.

Maybe track the distance (in px) the mouse travels D= root[(x2-x1)²+(y2-y1)²]

And relate the monitor's resolution to the screen size (in Inches) as to get pretty accurate distances.

ps if anyone is updating the script, remember that monitor sizes are diagnol, so 19" monitors don't mean 19" traveled..

dang it now i have a problem because i always have search bar on and that has the same hotkey, i guess i will just make a work-around. Also, i use autohotkey and that uses up the hotkey Ctr+Alt+H but i can remove that. I think you should make it fade in and out on mouse over and when it is active like my more recent version of searchbar.

edit: added more to my post

Edited by Xenogis

ty everyone

@Xenogis

Yes, i originally did have "window active code" in it but when i came to multiple windows i encounted some problems, i will try and impliment it again

@Trancexually

I will add an "X Co-ordinate mover". All mice are measured the same and i will try to add te pixel distance etc when i have time =)

@Griff

The speed that the mouse travels doesnt effect how much the value has changed, well it does but not in that way.

Func _MousePos()
   $MousePos_1 = MouseGetPos()
   Sleep(5)
   $MousePos_2 = MouseGetPos()
   If $MousePos_2[0] <> $MousePos_1[0] Or $MousePos_2[1] <> $MousePos_1[1] Then 
      _Set()
      _Update()
   EndIf
EndFunc

Its because of the sleep(5), if u remove it it checks the mouse position instantanously and therefor "thinks" the mouse hasnt moved... the best you can change it to is a sleep(1)

qq

UPDATES:>>

Changed:

Ctrl+Alt+Z now brings the "Settings" window, where you can change the X and Y coordinates of the window and set the transparency of them

Instead of checking if the mouse moves and adding 0.01 it now checks how far the mouse has moved and adds it to give a more accurate measurement

Thankyou everyone for ideas etc

@Xenogis

Forgot to add the "active window fade thing" lol, i will add it next update =)

Please see the below attachment or the my original first post to get the latest version

Edited by burrup

qq