A3 Mouse Odometre!

buzz44

dang... i thought you made it look real cool with graphics and stuff, but you still did a really good job im looking forward to the next versions

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

The whole thing about moving the landmarks off the left hand side of the screen is very nice and all, but is there anyway you could have this as an option? the other option to be to have them dissapear (just fade to transparent then set them to hidden). The reason I ask is that I have duel monitors set the opposite way to most people and this means that the windows just move onto my other monitor rather than actually off the screen.

Also about the bug with hibernation, this has nothing to do with the mouse magically moving because he says he has 9 msgbox's and as i mentioned in a previous post, as soon as one mssgbox appears, it cannot detect more mouse movements, so you will never get more than one at a time.

Thirdly a small bug, I'm not sure just what causes it, but when you have the transparency less than 255 and click off the window, it flickers briefly before then fading down.

Finally, a request: Any chance of being able to set notifications for only the currently selected landmark rather than just all or none?

Thanks all.

1. I am not sure how the hibernation bug is related, as you said once a message box appears it pauses the entire script, meaning that it is impossible to have more than one message box at any one time.

2. I may take up your idea if the transparent windows for duel monitors. The coding will be quite big but, I estimate 2500+ lines.

3. Due to the message box hibernation incident I'm not sure if I will make a GUI message box. I am still pondering...

4. Good idea for the landmark notification. I will have a window that slides up from behind the settings window (or fades in) when you click "On", where you can select which ones you want on.

5. And yes I know the 'bug' your talking about, with the brief flicker of a window.I noticed it awhile ago and tried to correct with no such luck. I will look into in further.

Thanks

Edited by Burrup

qq

i get that also

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Any idea's on how I can get rid of it... I can use GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) for the windows that are off the screen, but say I have 1 landmark open, then there will still be 3 windows in the task manager.

Would running it as a service stop it? Not sure why I think that.

I am trying to use $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW as an Extended Style (which it already is) by itself, and it still appears in the task manager when it shouldnt :).

Edit: My bad, I thought it said "task manager" when really it said "task bar". Still doesnt fix it but :D.

Edited by Burrup

qq

Im not sure what oyu mean by 're-run'. There are 6 windows for the landmarks, when there not in use, ie, not on screen, they are off screen, they are still there but there X coord is -236 or -234, when you select a landmark it slides onto the screen, this is the same for the landmark selecter.

qq

Yes I can hide them when they are offscreen, but in the task manager there will still be 1-3 windows depends on what part you have open, if you have a landmark open it will be "A3 Mouse Odometre", "Landmarks" and whatever landmark oyu have open at that time. Thats what GWOC, TRN all standfor, landmarks.

And yes I tried creating the Landmark selector window as a child of the first but it still appears in the task manager, this is what I used.

Edit: I must of been doing it wrong lol, I fixed it now, Thanks Larry

All the windows are now childs of the main window.

qq

You might want to use the AnimateWindow functions to make it look better on dual screens

• 6 months later...

Thanks! Even though it is 6 months old B). I started working on a making an All-In-One function for the window sliding but it remains unfinished collecting dust on my desktop lol.

Edited by Burrup

qq

I haven't upgraded to the most recent version (though it is several months old B)), but in one of the older versions, holding down a mouse key or highlighting a selection (I don't remember what it was, I reinstalled a few weeks ago) would not count on the odometer.

I'll play around with it again, and see if it still happens, it may have just been my pc, as it was acting up for several months before reinstalling (I'm just that lazy...)

Keep it up, I've really enjoyed this little program, last time I remember checking it, I had about 200 miles on it...:o

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())